x || ESCAPE

[EDITED]

MY sleep was very peaceful. For some odd reason, I was somehow in Hannah's bedroom, which had me worried. I thought I fell asleep on the couch?

I shivered at the thought of someone carrying me up to Hannah's room. Nobody was really here, and through my blank, yet crowded thoughts, I spotted my galaxy backpack on the nightstand where Hannah's card for getting our tattoos was. What is going on?

Nonetheless, I changed into something comfy for the night time. I kept on my bloody leggings and jean shorts, just for warmth, but I took my bloody jacket white tee, trading it in for a baby blue crop, humming to myself while I did this. I stretched my arms, yawning and lying on Hannah's bed. I pulled down my top because it exposed a bit of my stomach, but it sprinted back up to reveal my whole abdominal area.

Shit.

I decided just to put my stained jacket back on, even though it was stained of Josh's blood. It's really the only other thing I have in this room as my parka is downstairs. And because I'll get cold having a crop top on... Why did I even bring it here?

I couldn't stop thinking of Josh. The emptiness is unbearable, but I know the boy is in a better place. I just wish he didn't have to go out like that...

My feet picked up from the room temperatured floor, and I started to walk, my drawstring bag on my back, towards the door. As I was twisting the doorknob, the door was denying my exit. Even when my shoulder went up against it, nothing was working.

So was I locked in? It was possible.

"Anyone? Chris? Ash? Sam?" I worriedly called out, still banging up against the door.

The only time I have been locked in somewhere outside of this night was in the bathroom at the mall. That was one of the worst five minutes of my life. The slim lock was stuck in the metal perimeter that held the stall secure, and for three minutes, I was trying to unlock it. I had to call Sam and Hannah to get me out, but when they came, I had somehow released myself.

It was a lot of explaining to do to them because they thought I was joking. Pulling a prank.

"Guys?" I questioned, stopping to see if any noise could be heard. Nothing.

"This isn't funny!" I rose my voice, pounding again on the door.

"Let me out!" I projected, but my voice echoed around the walls. What the hell?

Everyone is unresponsive. I mean, at least Chris and Ashley should be here... Sam, I know for a fact, takes like, eight hour baths, and it's probably not even been half of that time. I wonder how prune her fingers are by now.

I gave up on trying to open the door. My shoulder was aching, and I was attempting to find another way out. I looked to the windows. Could I open and close the windows? Escape from there and find the others? It seemed to be the only option. So, it's what I did.

Quietly, I ran over to the window. Opening up let a chilly breeze come through Hannah's room, and it was a good wind. Noise started to rattle, and I turned to see the door shaking. It was banging, so the force of the wind was taking it over.

Maybe I won't have to climb out of my dead best friend's room.

I was right, because in about a minute after opening the window, the door flew open. It slammed against another wall, still connected to the frame; entrance of Hannah's room, and I was surprised. How did the door not fly around like in The Wizard of Oz? I closed the window, sealing the wind to reflect back into the wilderness.