xvii || LOST AND FOUND

[EDITED]

[ Josh ]

CHRIS and I were doing fairly well walking through the darkness and dark history of the mines.

Other than what Chris and I called the flamethrower guy, and his death, everything was smooth. All we had to do is keep our hands at the level of our eyes. One thing I hated about these mines was the smell. It was definitely foul, but I couldn't do anything about it, so I tried my best to suck it up like a man. When Chris was complaining about the stench, I went ahead and jumped in on his conversation to himself.

But, it quickly shifted into another topic, "Dude... I'm so sorry for what I did back in the shed, man."

"You're fine. You eventually helped myself into getting out of whatever I was in," I shrugged.

Chris shook his head, "Josh..."

His eyes looked to be watery, "I'm so sorry. I'm supposed to be your friend and I treated you so horribly."

I laughed, "Bro, don't worry about it."

Chris nodded, "Alright, Bro," Chris got this large grin on his face. We hugged.

"I'm glad we could get past what I did." Chris confirmed.

I nodded, "Me too, man. It's what bros do."

We did a little high five, forgetting in the moment that we were in the mines and under a bit of pressure. Chris and I kept walking, further and further into the mines. We came across a path where we could hear a voice and it turned out to be Ashley. Did they all come down to the mines? Mike, Emily, Ash, Sam, and Essence?

Chris and I walked towards the voice, Flamethrowers up at our chests. We got these from Flamethrower guy. He said that use it if you have to—which means we have to use it wisely.

"Ashley? Ash?" Chris called out worriedly. Fuck. He just needs to go for it with her. We paced now, quickly moving. We came across some sort of locked space.

I saw Chris reaching for it, "Dude, don't!"

He stepped away from the in-ground cellar. "Why, man? Ashley's probably in there trapped!"

I protested, "Horror movie logic! You're going to die if you open it! Ya know, like in the games! You open it and then, there's a jump-scare!"

"I know, man. Just let me take a peek... Cover me," Chris rolled his eyes. He opened the ledge, and what popped out wasn't no Ashley. It was the thing that killed flamethrower guy. If I recall, the name is the Wendigo.

This creature lunged at Chris, and I stood still. My fingers were about to press on some button to release the fire, but I heard someone.

"Don't!" A male voice shrieked.

He was panicked. I turned to see the familiar dark-skinned Matthew Taylor, with a figure behind him. The Wendigo stopped for a minute. He started to get a hold of Chris, but dropped him. The Wendigo went back in its cellar, and we locked it good and tight. We were lucky. Very lucky.

"Who's that behind you, Matt?" I heard Chris speak with a shakes tone.

I grabbed Cochise and pulled him into a tight hug, "You're okay, Chris. You're okay."