ix || CHOOSE

[EDITED]

MY eyes opened, to dart them in every direction. Just being kidnapped, from what I remember, is leaving my mind to now be on the lookout for this masked man.

Where's Ashley and Chris? Are they okay? My mind was swirling with continuous thoughts, but they were interrupted.

"Essence," I heard the worried tone of Ashley, "Where are we?"

I got a bit irritated and shouted at her back, "How in God's green earth am I supposed to know?!"

I wiggled around, attempting to break free, but I was bound. My arms were above my head, and it was pitch black where we were at. Ashley and I were freaking out with each second, and it got even worse when we heard footsteps.

From my right, Ashley shrieked, "Whoever you are, get away!"

A faint voice cried back in the distance, "Ash?!"

It was Chris. The both of us started to scream and cry, obviously scared and begging for help.

"Come Chris, please!" I screamed.

A few tears were streaming down my cheeks. This feeling of being bound and not able to escape had my gut twisted in knots, and I didn't like it. Ashley and I needed to find a way out quickly. I heard Chris' voice come closer and more audible within minutes. This was because Ashley and Chris were communicating back and forth, inching to find a way out of this madness.

Our cries became louder and noisier until a light brightened my eyes. I groaned.

"Hello, and thank you for joining me!"

A deep voice boomed throughout the place. I think it's the seance because there was an echo that bounced off the walls.

"No!" Ashley shrieked. I turned to my left and saw a familiar person, Josh.

"Josh!" I cried out, which triggered him to wake up. He started to panic, but it was no use since we all were bound. Despite our cries and shrieks, this person continued to speak.

"Tonight," The voice smoothly spoke, "Were going to conduct a little experiment! Now, for this experiment, we will need the cooperation of our three test subjects; Ashley, Essence, and Joshua..."

This voice grew softer and softer.

I was frightened for life, "Let us go!"

The voice chuckled, and Ashley burst out in tears. The voice bursts in evilish laughter, "Oh little Essence, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Josh defended me, "Don't talk to her like that, you-you-you psycho!"

The voice continued on with his speech, "But for this experiment, we will also need the cooperation of Christopher—who will determine whether who lives, and who dies."

"Let us go, you maniac!" Josh cried. The boy was on the verge of crying tears. Poor boy.

Ashley pleaded, "Chris, Chris, Chris! Get us out of here!"

The voice ignored our pleas, "Christopher... You will find a level directly in front of you. All you have to do is choose who you will save!"