An introduction to Anastasia Artemis Dumbledore.

"You must concentrate Anastasia!" Boomed a normally calm Dumbledore, a frown of frustration etched across his brows.

"Well I wasn't exactly daydreaming, Uncle." Grumbled the tall teen, who was adoring skin tight muggle sports leggings and a long-sleeved t-shirt. A thunderous explosion echoed off the walls of Hogwarts as the Headmaster effortlessly aimed another wordless assault towards his niece. Throwing herself across the courtyard, thus sidestepping the attack and skidding onto her knees straight into McGonagall's line of attack.

Without a split second of hesitation, the transfiguration professor cast her spell upon the red-headed girl, "AQUAR ERUCTO!" a large body of water erupted from the professor's skilled wand as she morphed it to take the shape of an unrecognisable beast.

The creature howled as it charged towards Ana at great speeds. Silently, the fifteen-year-old conjured a shield that shimmered with magic, rising onto one knee and lifting the creature into the air and sending it crashing into the school walls behind her, like a stormy wave hitting the cliffside.

Ana's scowl morphed into a wince as she began to feel the sharp nuisance of another being trying to invade her mind. Hardening her expression, Ana leaped to her full height launching her shield towards the potions master, who was forced to sever his silent invasion in favour of keeping his head. Matching the Hogwarts professor's cold expressions with one much icier, Ana used her magic to command the earth to transfigure the ground into a boomerang a few inches taller than herself. As the dust settled, Ana could be seen surrounded by all the Hogwarts professors, and gripping the boomerang ready to defend herself against her assessors.

"That is enough." Bellowed a harsh voice from outside the circle. Professor Sinatra turned to the voice behind her, revealing the male to the group. "You can see, as well as I can Albus that my granddaughter is highly capable in battle as you commanded of her to be." Aberforth called out to his brother, placing a strong hand upon Ana's shoulder, silently telling the girl she could relax. However, despite this assurance Ana's muscles only tensed further making Aberforth glare at the professors. "She is able to complete her prophecy and has been able to for many years. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see that you already knew that."

"Yes, Little Brother. She is ready to physically battle against the dark forces that haunt our world. But you must remember, not only is she your granddaughter, she is also the sole child of Sirius Black and that alone is a problem within its self." Dumbledore solemnly expressed to his staff and family.

"Why is it a problem." It wasn't a question, but a demand from a woman who was tired of not being told the full truth. It didn't escape the girl's notice that her question seemed to evoke a deep sadness with the transfiguration professor.

Albus sighed, knowing his time of secrecy towards his niece was up and his plans were going to have to be revealed, "Anastasia, my dear, your blood is a combination of the two most powerful families in the wizarding world. My own family and the Ancient House of Black. The determination you hold alone would destroy any opponent that stands in your way. But it wasn't just skills I wanted you to learn. My intention was and still is for you to protect, rather than aimlessly attack. For love is the only weapon strong enough to end this war. Love and compassion. I do not see that in your eyes when you fight. Instead I see an emotionless gaze filled with an underlying emotion of anger..."

"How can I fight with love and compassion when I have no one to protect. Or rather the person I am born to protect doesn't even know of my existence. You have locked me away to train me in the skill of defence, yet you have given me nothing to defend. Thus, you cannot demand satisfaction from me." Ana exploded, defiance and strength raging within her grey eyes. "My father doesn't even know I am alive." She finally whispered, grief overflowing from the girl's aura.

McGonagall's quick intake of breath was the loudest audible reaction to this seemingly new piece of news. Ana glanced at the teachers not entirely shocked to see their mortified expressions, even that of Snape's.

"You mean to say Mr. Black doesn't know that Ana is alive?" Snapped the transfiguration professor, who seemed to have a place in her heart for her marauders. Albus closed his eyes and sighed ready to explain himself but was beaten to it.

"How can he when he was never informed why his daughter wasn't seen at Hogwarts. Why Harry or his friends never knew my name. You can't blame my father for assuming, when not even his closest friend could confirm my survival but could confirm my mother's death!" Hissed the teen, tears pooling behind her eyes, in desperate need to see her father. A man she never met as he was incarcerated a month before her birth and her mother's death. A woman who only saw her daughter's face for a few seconds before passing on into the arms of death.

"...and still the time is not right for you to be known, my child." Dumbledore told, the heavy weight on his shoulders worsening as the words fell from his mouth.

"Then when will the time be right Albus?" Growled Aberforth, his anger towards his brother heightening. The brothers' stares bore into one another as Albus replied,

"I will know when the time is right brother. That time isn't now."