Downfall

A/N: Hey everyone, I hope you all had a lovely holiday! Sorry for the lack of updates but heres another part!
Please feel free to leave comments, as they really inspire me to keep writing!! 😅
Thank you so much for reading, enjoy!
- FA

Back at the Burrow...

Molly could only stare helplessly, as she and her family were surrounded by tall, harsh flames watching the house she had spent her life building, crumble.

"We need to move back! It could collapse any minute!" Bill's voice rose above the flames as he put a gentle hand on his mother's shoulder in an attempt to guide her to a safe distance away from their burning home.

Molly could only turn to her son numbly, heartbroken. Bill handed his shell shocked mother off to his father and set to shuffling the rest of the group to the furthest point from the house, where they wouldn't be burnt by the flames encircling them.

"Wheres Harry and Ana?" Lily frantically questioned, her hair flying as she whipped her head around to get a quick surveillance of her burning surrounding.

Noticing Lily wasn't following the rest of the group, Ron ran back to Lily, "Come on Lily, we gotta go!" He yelled over the flames.

Lily turned to Ron, fear struck across her face and fresh tear tracks marked on her soot coated cheeks.

"Where is Harry?" She screamed, frantically grabbing both of Ron's shoulders.

Gently, but firmly, Ron gripped the hands on his shoulders and tried to pull Lily away from the burning house and towards the others.

"Lily we've got to go!"

Lily snatched her hand from Ron, as if he had burned her, "NOT WITHOUT MY SON!! I-I can't lose him again Ron..."

Lily's panicked distraught brought her to her knees, leaving Ron to catch her before she fell.

"Mrs Potter?" Ron asked, trying to gain Lily's attention. When she eventually looked Ron in the eye she saw the most sincere and genuine belief shining through them, that she couldn't help but find hope in his upcoming words, "For as long as I've know Harry... he's always come back. Harry is stronger than anyone I have ever met.. other than Ana... and she's with him!"

Lily silently stared at Ron, tears still running down her cheeks but her sobbing had ceased,

"LILY! RON!" James yelled, having noticed his wife hadn't followed the rest of the group.

At James' shout the whole group turned to see Ron holding Lily off the ground, leaving them to wonder if she was injured.

Suddenly, a loud crack echoed throughout the area which was followed by an ear-piercing groaning. The group watched with deep despair, as the house started to collapse.

James' attention quickly snapped from the falling house to the occupants under it.

"RUN!" He screamed, veins popping in his neck as him, Sirius and Arthur began to run towards the pair in hopes of reaching them before the house collapsed on them.

Ron and Lily had too looked up as the house groaned, eyes widening at the realisation the house was collapsing and in their direction.

After James' scream, the pair scrambled to grab each others forearms both dragging each other to move and run for their lives.

Ginny, Hermione, Molly, Tonks, Remus, Fleur, Bill and Charlie screamed and yelled for everyone to hurry up but soon came to the realisation that Ron and Lily wouldn't make it and the men couldn't help.