Escape

A few hours earlier at the village, Charlie, Tonks, Hunter and Master Mehou had arrived at the Elder's hut.

"Apologies for the lack of notice Lady Salcie, but Nox here really needs your help." Charlie apologised, solemnly looking at the young dragon helplessly sprawled out on Hunter's back. The old mute Lady simply shook her head, and slowly came over to the Peryton, seemingly scared of the creature.

However, as the old woman go closer, Hunter sniffed her, as Charlie knew was normal for Peryton who were meeting new people. But he wasn't expecting Hunter to let out a ferocious growl and rear his head back as so throw Lady Salcie against the hut's fireplace.

Charlie jumped lost as to why Hunter did this, when he saw that the Elder's face seemed to contort painfully to reveal that of Antonin Dolohov. Charlie snapped his head to look at Tonks, who had whipped out her wand, the moment Hunter had growled, and was face to face with Fenir Greyback, who was wearing the clothes Master Mehou was wearing, chuckling smugly.

"You had no idea!" Greyback growled, before launching himself at Tonks, who angrily threw a curse at the man who ruined her lover's life.

Charlie turned his attention just in time to see Dolohov, aim a ball of fire at him. Charlie dodged the spell, but watched as it set alight to wooden hut. Hunter, who was aware of the young dragon on his back ran at the wall, breaking it down to find somewhere safe to place the little dragon, heading for the stables.

Meanwhile, Dolohov went to chase after the Peryton wanting to kill it for what it had done to him. But Charlie had apperated in front of him and forced him to engage in battle.

Once Hunter had reached the Pen in the stables, he stepped over the fence and knelt down in order to nudge the dying dragon off of his back. Just as the winged Stag was about to join the battle and protect his master's kin, there was an explosion in the stables. Hunter saw that Pettigrew, a man he knew his master wanted dead standing over the unconscious bodies of Master Mehou and Lady Selcie.

Hunter went to charge at the vile rat, but was too late as he had made it out the stables locking the entrance doors behind him. Now stuck in the burning stables with the young dragons, which Hunter had come to care for and the two innocent elders at his feet, he knew he could not leave them here.

Instead, deciding to drag the witch and wizard into the Pen and use his breath to keep the fire from them, leaving the helpless group encircled in a ring of fire.

Just as Selcie and Mehou were coming back to consciousness, the stable doors had been smashed in and Hunter could see Ana beyond the flames at the entrance.

"HUNTER!"

———————————————————

Ana was now sprinting up the cliff through the dense forrest towards the direction of the smoke.

Her body ached and her chest heaved with every breath she took. Once she had reached the outskirts of the village, Ana saw that the villagers were on their knees being encircled by who she recognised as Greyback's wolves. She saw that Tonks and Charlie were fighting Dolohov and Greyback, and that the Elder's home was burning to the ground. Just as she was about to run to the Elder's Hut, she felt a small hand grip onto her own injured one. She looked down and saw that Mehou's four year old granddaughter, Flora, was crying, and hiding in the line of the forrest.

"Sister told me to hide here when she saw the wolves. I saw Huntie and little Nock go into the stables but a man has locked them in there and they are on fire!!" Flore cried, pulling Ana towards the stables on the other side of the village, Ana snapped her head up to look ahead.