It's Ready

A/N: Sorry that this is a shorter chapter. I hope you enjoy! -FA

When Peter, Hunter and I had made it back to the Wolves, Peter was already crashed out. His head rested between my shoulder blades, his snored audible from where I sat in the front of the saddle.

Hunter gracefully landed on the rope bridge leading to our hut. With a simple raise of my hand, I commanded the door to open with a tired, "Alohamora..."

Without needing to be encouraged, Hunter stepped through the door. The winter sun dimly gleamed through the windows providing little, but enough light for Hunter and I to see.

"Peter..." I called out gently, straightening my back slightly in hopes of softly jostling Peter awake.

In response Peter groaned, but drearily rose his head from it's resting place. He gave me a confused look as a tired pout rested upon his features.

"We're back... go and get some rest..." I suggested, sliding down off of Hunter's back.

I heard Peter grumble sleepily and jump off of Hunter's saddle. I grabbed some rabbit meat and a large apple and began cutting the food into chunks, so that Hunter could eat them easily.

As I was cutting the meat, Hunter's great head leaned over my left shoulder, gently nuzzling at my head to further gain my attention.

"Hey boy... Ya hungry?" I asked, amused at Hunter's attempts to gain my attention. In response Hunter snorted, nuzzling a little harder at my face.

I placed the knife down and gave Hunter my full attention when I realised he wanted something other than food.... for once.

Once I had turned to face him, I managed to see over Hunter's huge form, that Peter had failed to change before crashing in his futon.

"Do you want to transform?" I asked, patting at Hunter's neck. I received an impatient stomp of his hoof, "Alright, hold still."

I began unbuckling the saddle, sliding the heavy object off of Hunter's back. The minute the saddle was placed onto the kitchen island, the small tornado of wind that signalled Hunter's transformations formed.

Hunter emerged from the centre of the large tornado, in his cat sized form.

"Better?" I asked, grabbing the bowl of meat and apples and placing it on the floor for Hunter, "A Thank you for tonight."

Hunter's little bunny-like tale waggled in rapid excitement as he basically hoped into the bowl, devouring it's contents.

I turned to the saddle I had placed onto the kitchen island, and opened the satchel containing the letter from Neville.

I picked out the envelope and sat on the wooden, hand-made, stool by the island. I used my index finger to rip open the envelope and reveal the letter Neville had written.

As I pulled out the parchment, a lock of grey hair, tied together with string, fell onto the island.

I opened the letter, reading the words that seemed to be frantically written,

"Dear Ana,

As requested, I had Gran send me a lock of her hair taped to the inside of the envelope. I hope its enough. Please, don't worry about us at Hogwarts. I know you are. Ginny, Luna and I can handle it back here. Stay safe, we believe in you.

Love, your friend,
Neville."

A warm feeling spread throughout my chest but my stomach sunk. I felt as if I was abandoning my friends. Leaving them to suffer at the hands of the Deatheaters.

However, Neville's words had filled me with hope.

My eyes filled determination, which turned them into steel, as I looked over to Peter's sleeping form.

'I will make things right. I have to.' I thought, glancing out of the window and over to Sam, Andy and Silas' hut, my eyes finding the little boy's form bouncing around as he followed his mother.

My hand seemed to find its own way to my rounding stomach, 'For them.'

...

It was now December 24th, and I found myself with a very visible bump at roughly five months pregnant.

I was bundled up in a thick turtle neck jumper and black muggle jeans with my knee high leather brown boots on as I trekked through the woods, gathering berries.

Hunter was in his larger form, leisurely following behind me, with Silas on his back.

The night before had been the full moon so everyone, other than Silas, myself, Hunter and Peter, were bed ridden.

"Tay-Tay..." Si called out from behind, causing me to turn to look at him as I placed some blackberries into the wicker basket.

"What is it Si?" I asked, smiling at the young boy.

"Why are you picking berries?" He asked, cocking his head to the side in curiosity.

"I'm planning on making a blackberry pie. Do you wanna help me make it?" I asked, handing Silas the basket so I could haul myself onto Hunter's back behind Si.

"Yes please! Will it make Gramps, Mama and Pa feel better?" He asked, sadness filling his voice slightly.

I ruffled Si's hair before grabbing Hunter's reins, "Of course it will Little Man..."

When I first found out that Silas wasn't a werewolf like his parents, I immediately went to contact Remus and tell him the news. Put his worries to rest. But I knew if I told him that, it would give my location away. So it would have to wait.

As Hunter set off back into the hut, I felt the light fluttering movements of the baby.
Silas gasped, whipping his head around to look down at my belly.

"I FELT THAT!" Silas squealed excitedly, his voice picking up by five notches. "Was that the baby?!"

I giggled, rubbing at my bump through the jumper, "Yeah.. that was Dot..."

Dot was the nickname Harry had given the baby a few days after he had found out we were expecting; Joking about it's size. I guess I found it a comforting term, seeing as it stuck.

"ANA!" I heard Peter's voice shout from above, his head poking out the window of the hut.

I frowned, as I raised my eyes to the trees throwing Peter a questioning look.

"It's done!"

My breath caught in my throat, as I felt my eyes widen, "Go..." I muttered and Hunter pounced into the air.

Once we were on the bridge, I leapt off of Hunter's back as gracefully as one could at 20 weeks pregnant.

I plucked Silas out of his seat, placing him on my back. Letting the boy wrap his arms securely around my shoulders, I jogged through the door, seeing Peter bottling up the Polyjuice potion.

"It's done..." I said breathlessly, numbly accepting the the bottled potion.

"It's safe for the baby?" I asked Peter, who looked at me with hesitant confidence.

"From what I know there have been no side effects to pregnant women... although I've only ever known of one woman to drink it whilst pregnant..." He stated sheepishly.

"Then we leave tomorrow... There is nothing more excusable then seeing your son and daughter-in-law on christmas." I stated, my eyes gleaming like the point of Gryffindor's sword.