Dresses

Sarabi P.O.V

When I got up this morning I just stared at the ceiling. Wondering what the day brings. I look to my side I see the rose that Joey left. I looked at it for a few minutes. I thought about what the note said but I can go alone just chill don't have to dance. He can have a beautiful girl by his side so can Paul and they can dance the away. I got up and put on some blue jeans and a nike t-shirt. Put my hair in a pony tail not a bun just to see how long it was. It came to by lower back. I never really notice how long it was. I left it down. I grabbed my things and put my music in and drained out everyone this morning. Thank god it was friday but today we had to go find a dress today.

"Good morning Sarabi have you thought about what color dress your wearing." asked my mom giving me a hug. I was thinking about a maroon or pale green.

"Maroon or pale green" I said grabbing a apple and walking out the door if only I had caramel.

"We'll find out when we get to the dress shop!" said Mrs.Linda. Just word 'dress' made me feel weird. I left for school. When I got to school I went to my locker and got my notebooks for first period.

"Hey Beautiful" It was Paul see this is why I put my wall up so I won't be in this predicament right now.

"Is there something you want Paul? " I said walking past him headed for Mr. Lewis classroom but I forgot we has first period together.

"Yea you going to prom with me. I want you in my arm. I want you." he said following me to my seat while I see Jay talking to Sam.

"Paul I'm going to prom but not with you."

"Then who I swear if it's Joey-"

"No one Paul. I am going alone. Me myself and I" I said opening my book.

"You are going to be mine Sarabi. I'm going to rock your world. I want you." he said looking in my eyes.

"Too bad she doesn't."it was Joey he stood behind Paul.

"This is nun of your business Joey"

"It is she is mine and only mine.Not anyone else's"

"Prove it."

"Break it up fellas get in your seat." said Mr.Lewis. It took them a few seconds to make it to there seats. But they never took there eye of off each other.

"Lord give me strength." I mumbled to myself. The rest of the day went pretty fast plus it was a friday. I went to my locker to get my headphones that I left. When I got to my locker I found a white rose with a note on it. I opened it.

'Your brown eyes and your sweet voice. Your words are powerful. You are beautiful no matter how you look will you be mine love? -Paul' When did Cupid set foot in this school everyone is acting weird well except Melissa she still acting bitchy. I took the rose and the note and my headphones and started to walk to the truck. Then the light went off in the hallway. I got a bad feeling so I picked up the pace. I made it to the door when I got pushed back into the darkness. I quickly put my hair in a bun and got up ready to fight for my life.

"You look adorable when your angry." the voice came out of no where it was like it came from all for directions. Then I was back against a locker. And came to pair with green eyes. "You will be mine." I bit my lip trying to not hurt this person. "Don't bite your lips please it just makes me want you even more" I listen to the voice it was Paul. I pushed him off.

"Paul don't you ever sneak up on me again." I grab my stuff and walked out the door.

"I'm not giving up on you! I will love you forever." he said when I got to my truck I rode over to the dress shop that my mom told me to meet her and Mrs. Linda at. It was a shop called De'Vinè's Dresses and Tux. I signed at myself hoping that I would never come to a day looking for a dress.

"Hey honey are you ready?" said my mom already having a few dresses out for me.

"Yes but where is Mrs.Linda?"

"With Joey" great Joey is here ( note the sarcasm) that is another thing on my mind.

"What is he doing here?"

"Looking for a tux." She said giving me a pale green dress. "Now go try this one on." I tried it on it fit really well but It fluffed out at the bottom. it made my chest stand out it looked really nice. I stepped out to let my mother see.

"My baby looks beautiful now let see you In the maroon." she handed me a maroon dress. It was the same as the pale green but when I put it on it I like it more than the pale green.

"Mom this is the one." I stepped out and show her my dress. But when I stepped out she was no where to be found. I walked around a few racks of dresses. Then I saw her with Mrs.Linda looking at something or someone. Then I heard Joey's voice.

"Mom can you help me with my bow tie." I heard him say. I tried to walk away but my mom caught me.

"Sarabi let me see you in your dress." 'shit' I thought to myself. I walked out slowly."You look so much better in the Maroon. It's the one." I felt more than my moms eyes staring at me. It was Joey and his mom's eyes but Joey's was more powerful for some reason.

"Turn around let's see the front." I turned around to meet his eyes. I looked down quickly. Can't make any contact. Mom and Mrs.Linda observing the dress but I could still feel Joey's eyes. They were burning a whole in my head.

"This one fits her really nice Victoria good job." Mrs.Linda. Mom said she would wait by the desk to buy the dress just told me to go take it off.

"Mom how do I look?" Joey said not taking his eyes at me. I looked up too see him wearing a black tux with a black bow tie. It fitted him very well.

"It looks good Moretii. The girl your going with must be very lucky." I said turning around and walking to the dressing room. When I got to the dressing room I took off the dress and put back on my school clothes. I step out room with the dress in my hand but when I got out Joey was out side the door back in his school clothes. He was waiting for me.

"What did you call me Sarabi?" he said walking closer. I back up to a direction to wear I actually escape.

"Moretii can we wait to we get home to talk about this?" I said. He got closer and I backed up again.

"No that is not my name." He was being very possessive right now. The only way for him to get off my back is to say his name.

"Joey we will talk about this when we get home" I practically ran to the front desk.

"Sarabi is everything ok?"my mom ask grabbing the dress from me.

"Yea I just tripped and stumble on the way over here."

"Oh"I put the dress in my truck and drove all the way home thinking about Joey and Paul.