Nightmare x baby reader

Requested by LillytheGoatmonster. Thanks darling.

Nightmare's point of view
I was sitting in the rain, in my side of mine and my brother's tree, when a woman walked under the tree, with a basket and blanket.
'Its kinda wet for a picnic lady.' I thought.
But she put the basket down and put the blanket in the basket. Small cries cane from the basket she knelt down and hushed the thing in the basket. She placed the blanket over it and kissed it.
"I love you y/n" she said. She placed a piece of paper in the basket and then ran off. I had no idea what just happened. So I decided to swing down and look inside the basket. I pulled down the blanket and saw something that made me want to cry... a baby. I took out the paper the woman put in and started reading.

Please take care
Of my child. Her
Name is y/n. Tell her
I'm sorry.

I couldn't believe it. This baby girl was left by her mother. Maybe she didn't have enough money to care for her. I used one of my tentacles to move a strand of hair out of her face. I then picked her up and took her into the tree. I could see she was poorly cared for.
"I saw that nightmare." My brother said from above me, scaring me half to death. "You saved her. But how long til you get rid of her?" He asked.
"I won't get rid of her! You twit!" I snapped. "She's my baby. And I will keep her safe... forever."