Chapter 8

Coming home that morning was one of the most difficult things he had to do. He didn't want to leave her there, crying in her trailer, but he just couldn't look at her in the eyes that moment. When she said that stuff to him he got so sad and so pissed that he had to get out of there as soon as possible, he was a little over the top he admits it, but the moment he saw Gwen tear up and tears run through her cheek all that he wanted to do was  to hug her so thight that she would forget why she was even crying in the first place, but he couldn't. He just turned around and left. A part of him thought and even whished that maybe she regretted telling him that and that she was sad that he was leaving, but he thought better. She was just emotional, she is always like that to everything in her life, so it was just one more of those moments, it really was just a night stand to her.

  When he got home he tried to distract himself, but even so everything he did remembered him of her. He then sat at his couch and kept telling himself  "just forget her, you'll be just friends and nothing more will ever happen", but it was so hard to actually accept the idea of never kissing her again, of never roaming his hands through her so beautiful body. He knows that they are both hurt from their divorces, but he thought that they could heal together, get through this together in each other's arms. Apparently this will never be a really again.

  One thing he was sure: he didn't want to just give up. If she just wanted to be friends with benefits with him, then be it, better than being just friends, right?

  Blake was looking through his Twitter when he saw a title that got his attention: "Gwen Stefani dropped a divorce on her soon to be ex-husband Gavin". The only thing he wanted to do after reading this was to go to her and just hold her close and let her cry on his shoulder. But he couldn't, at least for now. He was still thinking about her when someone rang his doorbell making him jump a little and after a while answered it.
When he opened the door, his heart sank. Gwen was standing in front of him looking shyly and a little afraid, with some tears stains on her cheek and a little bit of mascara making it's way down her face.

"Gwen, what happened are you ok?" There was no answer from her, she simply leaned forward and wrapped her arms arround his waist, burring her face into his chest. They stayed in this position for a few more moments when Blake started moving them towards the couch, Gwen never letting go of him. When they got to the couch they stayed a few minutes just hugging, Blake giving her time for herto open up to him. After a while, Gwen spoke up:

  "When I parked the car here I got a message from my mom saying that.. that my divorce is on the news right now" she said noticing that on the table in front of her was a bottle of beer, so she reached out and took a sip from it, leaning back on the couch with the bottle on her hands.

  "You'll get through this, everything is going to be alright" he said puting a hand on her shoulders. He realised that she said that she knew that her divorce was out just minutes ago, when she was at his house already. Was she there to apologise to him? Or to maybe just tell him that they couldn't work out their friendship anymore, because of what happened last night? He tried to put this thoughts aside, because she apparently was dealing with them better than him. But that wasn't the situation for her. As she was slowly sipping on his beer she was feeling so bad for treating him the way she did, he was being so caring and loving to her right now, not rushing her to say why she was there or not even mentioning last night, that all that she wanted right now was to kiss those lips again, but she knows that she can't.

  After a while Blake followed her, beers soon turned into wine and wine into whiskey, as they were talking about everything and nothing at the same time, but never once bringing the subject of last night, and she was greatful for it.

  As hours passed by Gwen knew that she had to go but she just didn't want to go. Being here with Blake was so nice, so refreshing, it was everything that she never had with Gavin and the thought of maybe not sharing this nice moments with him anymore scared the hell out of her. "Stop it Gwen, it's just the alcohol talking". She eventually got up and said a little groggy:

  "I have to go now Blake, it's getting late, see you in a week on the set", she said getting to the door.

  "Gwen I'm not letting you go like this, you're so drunk" he said making her giggle. "You can stay for the night, it's no problem" With that she  returned to the couch and they started drinking and drinking some more, until the point that they were so close to each other that there was no going back now, it was too late.