Chapter 11

The day of the party came and all of the coaches and some crew members were at Gwen's backyard having some lunch, a delicious barbecue that Adam and Blake did together. As they were eating, Gwen couldn't help but watch Blake. He was eating next to King and Zuma, who couldn't stop laughing at his jokes and asking a lot of questions about his ranch, and that was something that really warmed her heart. When Gavin  was eating with the kids he didn't even bother to make them laugh, in fact he did the opposite, by always fighting with them, and the fact that a man that had nothing to do with her kids made them laugh their faces off really amazed her.

  As the evening aproched all the crew members had gone home and the couches were hanging out on Gwen's balcony, with Adam and Pharrell getting drunker by the time. Gwen was upstairs puting baby Apollo to sleep and letting her older ones play videogames when someone knocked on the door. Given that the other coaches were drinking and Blake wasn't cause he was trying to stop, he stood up and went for the door to open it.

  "Hello" he said as he opened the door to a good very looking guy.

  "Hi is Gwen here?" He said and Blake got a little angry at the way the guy was being cocky, and he absolutely wasn't mad because it was a handsome guy asking for Gwen at night.

  "Hm what's your name" "I'm Mark"

  "Okay Mark I'm gonna tell her you are here" as he said that he turned around and saw Gwen coming at the door with a smile on her face. She was  coming down the stairs and heard Mark's voice coming through the door and knew what she was going to do, she was going to make Blake Shelton jealous. She went straight pass Blake and gave her neighbor a hug saying:

"Hi Mark! I think you have already met Blake" they look at each other and give a polite smile. Gwen turns to Blake and says "Thanks I take it from here Blake" she said making it clear that she wanted him to leave. He turns arround then and goes back inside, but staying a little closer to the door so he can hear their conversation.

He doesn't know why but he hates that guy already. Maybe it's because he's talking too close to her, maybe it's the fact that Mark is way more good looking than he is, maybe. He was going to leave at that point but something made him stop on his tracks. Mark asked her out and the worst part is, she said yes. That was it for Blake, after listening to this he went back inside and into the kitchen, if he wasn't drinking back then he was definitely going to be drinking now. Blake knows that Gwen is not his girlfriend or anything, that they are just friends with benefits, that's it for them, but he never thought about others guys trying to date her, that idea didn't even cross his mind, and that was something that made him pissed, sad. He never thought that Gwen would accept this invitation, she's not like that, usually she's very shy when it comes to those things, well, apparently not with Mark.

Blake was getting himself drunk in the kitchen when she came, smiling and everything. If Blake wasn't listening to their conversation she would have never said yes to mark, but she knew he was going to be listening, she just knew. So she said yes to piss him of and it apparently worked cause now he is drinking in the kitchen. She got a little closer to him and said:

"Hey I thought you wasn't drinking anymore" she knew exactly why he was drinking.

"Yeah but know I am" he said not looking at her.

"But why?" She was playing with fire and she knew it.

"Because I want to ok?" He said it with a tone that Gwen never heard him use before and that scared her, so much that when he stood up to leave she stoped him by touching his arm, completely letting go of the plan to get him mad.

"Hey what's going on?" She said concerned, not moving her hand from his arm.

"I don't know why don't you ask Mark?" He said that and left the kitchen, and about 5 minutes later he said goodbye to everyone and left, living her alone in the kitchen, like he did before, on that morning after, and Gwen hated to be left alone.