Chapter 12

When Blake got home he went straight to his bed to get some sleep to try and figure things out in the morning but he just couldn't sleep. He kept thinking about Gwen and their situation and what he should do next and that was something that left him sad, but at the same time he knew it was the right thing to do. He was going to end it tomorrow, before filming the voice. It was something that crushed him, to never kiss her again, to never hold her when they are sleeping and after a while feel her give in and hug him back, just the thought of never being this close to her crushed him, but he knew it was the best thing to do. She clearly doesn't feel the same way about him, so why to keep doing it? Of course it was something amazing to him, but being with someone that doesn't feel the same way it's not fare, not fare to her, and also not to fare to Mark, who is someone that Gwen is clearly interested into, so to him, in his head, he is doing the right thing, at least he hopes so. So he decides to put his feelings aside and try to get over her, to forget that she was with him once, wich was a really hard thing to do.

  The next day when Blake got into the set he knew he was going to have a bad day, a really bad one. He went into his trailer and prepared himself for what he was about to do, he didn't want to end things with Gwen, but he knew it was the right thing to do. After about ten minutes he stood up and went to knock on her trailer door.

  "Hi Blake" she said with a smile a few seconds later.

  "Hi can I come in?" "Sure" Gwen said letting him in. He then went to sit on the couch and waited for her to sit as well, when she did he said:

  "Gwen we need to talk" he said in a tone that scared her a bit, making her lean forward to listen to him closely.

  "So... I was thinking and came to a conclusion that it's best for both of us if we stopped doing this thing that we are doing" after he said that he immediately wanted to take it back, as the look on Gwen's face was almost unbearable to take. She looked hurt, upset, and even a little bit sad. He could see that she was holding back tears and that was killing him, he thought about reaching forward and touching her, but he thought better and didn't do it. He didn't want to end things, but he knew that she didn't felt the same way, after last night with Mark he was sure of it. If she was happy with another guy, he would be happy for her, even if letting go of her was almost killing him.

  After a while Gwen said, not looking him in the eye:

  "Did I do something wrong?" She said fighting as hard as she could to not cry in front of him, she wouldn't let herself cry in front of him anymore.

  "No not at all Gwen, I just thought that we were doing this to move on, and seeing that we already did it, I thought it was the right thing to do." As he finished his little speech he couldn't take it anymore and went forward to touch her face and when he was almost touching her it came a knock on the door making them both jump. Gwen quickly looked down broking their gaze and said a week "Come in"

  "Just stopping by to say that we are about to start filming" said Adam.

  "Okay Blake and I  were about to go anyway, thanks Adam" she said and he closed the door. Gwen stood up and went for the door but Blake stopped her by catching her arm and saying " Hey are you ok?" She turned around and with a big but fake smile said "Sure, let's go" Blake looked deep in her eyes knowing that it was a fake smile and that she was not okay, but instead of saying anything he let go of her arm and opened the door for her saying "Okay, let's go then".