Chapter 23

*5 Years Later*

Your Pov:
      I walked to back to our booth and saw Josie making fun of her little brother who is 3. "Josie leave Jake alone" Dinah said giving her the mad face and she looked down and Jake was crying. I sat down and pulled Jake onto my lap and I rubbed his back. "Hey buddy its okay, look at my Jake, its not true and your sister didnt mean it, right Josie" I said and she looked up and nodded. "Yea I'm sorry Jakey I love you" she said and he stop crying and smiled. They continued to talk and I sat by Dinah and she sighed. "What's wrong" I asked her and she shrugged. "I've been tired lately" she said and I wrapped my arm around her rubbing her shoulder. "You work too much, relax" I said and she nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder. I checked my phone and saw texts from Camila.

Wifey💖: When are you coming home?

Wifey💖: are you with Dinah?

Wifey💖: omg answer me

Wifey💖:whatever I'll see you later tonight

     I sighed and responded to her saying I was with Jake and I was with Dinah and Josie.  "What's wrong" Dinah asked and I shook my head."dont worry about it D" I said smiling at her. "Dad can we go play some games" Josie asked and I nodded. I saw her and Jake run off with tokens.
__________

    It was already 8pm and Jake was already asleep in the back. I parked into my driveway and I got Jake in my arms as I went to open the door. I locked the door once I was in and I went to his room and set him down in his bed and changed him into his curious george pajamas. "Daddy" he mumbled "yes J" "when is mommy coming home" he said and I sighed. "I don't know J but go to sleep and you can see her in the morning" I said and he nodded. "Okay but can you read me a story" he said and I smiled. "Of course J" I said grabbing one of his books.
__________

     I sat on the couch and it was 11 pm and Camila still hasn't showed up. I sighed since this wasn't the first time. I don't understand her anymore she gets out at 8 around when Jake sleeps but she never shows up anymore. I heard the door open and she came in the door and stumbled a little. "Dammit Camila" I walked up to her and glared at her. "Where have you been" I said and she shushed me and started laughing. "You're drunk again" I said and she nodded. I sighed and shook my head. "I'm done" I whispered and she giggled and fell onto the couch and eventually fell asleep there.
__________

     I woke up extra early and I don't work today which I'm happy for. I took a quick shower and I put on my jeans, a blue button up, and dress shoes. I bushed my teeth and I fixed my hair and I put on my gold watch and sprayed cologne on. I cleaned up my room and I walked into Jake's room and saw him already awake. "Hey J you want me to help you shower" I said and he yawned and nodded.
__________

   "You look handsome J" I said and he smiled. "Did you brush your teeth" I asked and he nodded. "Okay lets go see Josie" I said and he smiled.

    As we walked down stairs I carried Jake and Camila was groaning since we were making a lot of noise. "Shut up" She yelled and I sighed and put Jake down. "Go wait for me in the garage okay" I said to him and he nodded. "Okay daddy be safe" he said and ran away. "Camila" I said kneeling down beside her and giving her a pill and water bottle. "Its your day off where are you going" she said and I looked away. "Camila we need to talk" I said and she sighed and nodded. "Ima drop Jake off at Dinah's then I'll come back so we can talk" I said and she nodded.
__________

    Once I was back home with Camila it was quiet. "Camila" I yelled and I heard nothing.  I really hope she didn't leave. I walked up to my room and I saw her drinking a beer while on the bed and scrolling through her phone. Its barely 9am and she's drinking already.

     I grabbed my suitcase and started getting my clothes and she got up and stopped me. "What are you doing" she yelled at me and I could smell the alcohol. "Camila I'm done with this marriage, all you do is drink and drink, I don't want Jake to become how you are" I said and she teared up. "I-I'll stop I I promise p-please don't l-leave m-me" she said and I pushed her away. "No you said that over 5 times and you're still the same, I was married to the girl that was clumsy, a dork, and loved to spend time with me and Jake, I don't know who you are anymore" I said as I continued to pack my things. "Camila I want a divorce" I said and she broke down in tears. "I love you" she cried and I held her in my arms. "I'm sorry but its better this way" I said and then I let go of her and I went to pack Jake's clothes.

     I put our suitcases in my car and Camila was non-stop crying. "Maybe just maybe if you were the same as before none of this would've happened and we could be happy like before" I said and I went inside and Camila hugged me and I rubbed her back. "Im sorry it had to end this way" I quietly said to her.

      Endgame: Camila or Dinah?

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share