Chapter 6

Evie was sleeping. Her eyes were closed. For some reason, she felt like opening them. When she did, she noticed the current situation. Seeing it, she wished she had kept her eyes closed.

She was lying on the floor with Carlos. Her head was on his chest. Her hand was on his hand. His other hand was on her back. She can feel herself blushing at the sight of this.

Seeing the microwave on the table, Evie realized that they must've dozed off while working on it all night. Looking out the window, she can see that the sky was still dark. It must be after midnight.

Feeling that Carlos could probably use some sleep, Evie decided not to wake him up. She slowly gets off him and gently places his hand down.

"Goodnight," she said quietly.

She gave the boy a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room, making sure her footsteps don't wake him up. After she closed the door, carefully, Carlos woke up. He touched his forehead, the spot where he was kissed.

He had no idea what he was feeling. Every time Evie is close to him or touches him, every time he thinks about her or looks at her, he can feel his heart racing and his cheeks burning like never before.

That's exactly how he was feeling an hour ago. He woke up and found himself lying down on the floor with Evie. He knew they must've fallen asleep from working late, but how they got into their "awkward" position, he'll never know. His heart, however, kept him from waking her up.

"What is this feeling?" Carlos asked himself.

Leave a comment, please. I would really appreciate it.