Chapter 13

After a month of planning, Carlos and Evie are ready to get married. They decided to get married by a pond in the forest, where no one can see them.

The only person they told of the wedding is Yen Sid, whom they asked to help them set up the wedding. Yen Sid asked for a delivery of two golden wedding rings from Auradon, as well as a minister who will keep quiet about the secret wedding happening on the Isle of the Lost.

On the day of the wedding, the two met up behind Hell Hall. They saw each other's outfits.

Carlos' tux

Evie's dress

Evie's dress

"You look beautiful," said Carlos

"It's a dress my mom's been saving me for my wedding day," said Evie. "Well, with a prince, but she doesn't need to know about this."

"I though it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding," said Carlos.

"Oh, that's just a bunch of superstition," said Evie. "Besides, this is your typical kind of wedding."

"Shall we?" asked Carlos, holding out his hand.

"Let's shall," said Evie with a smile.

Evie grabs Carlos' hand and the two sneak out of the village and into the forest, where Yen Sid and the minister are waiting for them.

Yen Sid was wiping his eyes with a napkin.

"Are you crying, sir?" asked Carlos.

"Only because this is a wondrous occasion," said Yen Sid. "The first marriage between villain kids. Honestly, I had my doubts any of you would learn to love."

"Well, first time for everything," said Evie.

The minister started to speak. "We are gathered here today to unite these two lovely souls in the name of their love each other. You may say your vows."

Carlos holds both of Evie's hand and looks at her sparkling brown eyes.

"Evie, ever since I was a little boy, I thought I would never know what love feels like. I was just a lonely boy cursed to live a life of slavery. Then you came into my life and changed it. You helped me feel what it's like to have a friend, but better, what it's like to love. You are the kindest, bravest, most beautiful woman I have ever met. You truly are The Fairest Of Them All."

Evie blushed and smiled at his words.

It was her turn.

"All my life, I thought only a prince can make me happy, but then a little boy came to my home and taught me that everything my mom taught me was wrong. Beauty isn't everything and I don't need a prince to be happy. The boy who taught me that, not only became my friend, but the man I love. You, Carlos De Vil, are my one true love. Nothing in this world can change that."

Carlos smiles at Evie, while Yen Sid wiped his tears again.

The minister speaks. "Do you, Carlos De Vil, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," said Carlos.

The minister turns to Evie. "And do you, Evie, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," said Evie.

"May I have the rings," said the minister.

Two birds, both who came from Auradon with the minister, came down, holding the two rings. Evie grabs the rings and gives one to Carlos. Evie grabs Carlos' hand and slips the ring on his finger. Carlos then grabs Evie's hand and slips the ring on her finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," said the minister.

Evie grabs Carlos' face and pulls him closer, her lips crashing against his. Carlos doesn't hesitate to kiss her back.

Yen Sid cried more tears as he smiled, happy to see the two of them happily married.

The two parted lips for a few seconds.

"Uh, how are we supposed to keep this secret from everyone?" asked Evie. "Our rings kinda stick out."

"I'll hide my ring under my glove," said Carlos. "Besides, who can be suspicious about you, Evie, who loves her jewelry so much, wearing a gold ring."

"Point taken," said Evie.

The married couple kiss again.

The minister pats Yen Sid in the back, comforting the crying man.