Chapter 9

Starting from this chapter, the rest of the story will follow the plot of the first novel ("Isle of the Lost"). Of course, I'm making some changes since this story revolves around how Carlos and Evie got married.

It was time for Evie's first day of school at Dragon Hall. The second she walked through the front door, every single student stared at her. The boys were smitten and the girls were either envious or uninterested.

Evie struts down the hallway and repeatedly swings her hair left and right just to see everyone's reactions. Safe to say she was enjoying the attention.

She enters the classroom and drew more attention. She sits down on a desk in the front row. Someone walks up to her. Evie turns her head to greet this person with a smile, only to drop her smile when she saw who it was. A girl with purple hair wearing purple leather from head to toe. If she remembered the stories, this person was Maleficent's daughter, Mal.

"Hey, Princess Blueberry, you're sitting on my chair," said Mal.

"Oh, I didn't realize," said Evie. "But it has a nice view of the front."

"Get your butt off my desk before I give you a brand new view," threatened Mal, curling her fingers into a fist.

Seeing how serious Mal was, Evie picks up her books and moves the empty desk at the back of the room. Fortunately for her, her seatmate just happens to be her best and only friend.

"See you survived your first encounter with the Dragon of Dragon Hall," said Carlos.

"She definitely doesn't look like someone who just talks a big game," said Evie.

"The scar on my arm is enough proof of that," said Carlos.

Evie notices the device Carlos was working on. It was a black box with a bunch of wires attached to it.

"What's that?" asked Evie.

"Something that I've been working on for months," said Carlos. "You'll see. It's gonna blow your mind. I hope."

- ROTTEN TO THE CORE -

After class, Carlos and Evie talk by the lockers about Carlos' new device. They were approached by Mal, accompanied by Jay, son of Jafar.

"Surprised to see you back, snowball," said Mal, looking at Carlos with a smirk on her face. "After you've been gone missing for two months, I thought you might have bled out to death."

Mal turns her attention to Evie.

"And I assume you're responsible for his return," Mal assumed. "Helping a poor, bleeding boy get better, huh? I'm surprised you're in Lady Tremaine's class."

Evie felt too intimidated by Mal to make a comeback.

Mal looks back at Carlos. "Hey, De Vil, I need a favor. I'm throwing a hell raiser and I need you to be the host."

"Me?" Carlos was surprised.

"Your mom is out for a week, right? Plus, my mom hates parties, so your place is next best venue," said Mal.

"My mom will kill me if she finds the home a mess," said Carlos.

Mal grabs Carlos by the shirt and holds him against the lockers, startling both Evie and Jay.

"Is there gonna be a problem, snowball?" asked Mal, looking at Carlos directly in the eye.

"N-No, no t-th-there's not," said Carlos, terrified. "You want a party, I'll give it to you. Promise."

Mal releases Carlos and playfully dusts his jacket. She looks at Evie.

"And be sure you're there," said Mal. "You're the new kid, after all. Might as well give you a taste of how we villain kids throw a howler these days."

Mal and Jay walk away.

"You looked terrified," said Evie.

"Between the scars on my ankles and the burn on my arm, I have more than enough reason to be," said Carlos.