Chapter 14

Present day

It was almost time for curfew in Auradon Prep. Carlos was in his dorm, checking out the laptop Jay had stolen. His attention was captured by a knock on the door.

"It's open," said Carlos.

The door opens. Evie comes in.

"Hey, beautiful," greeted Carlos.

Evie giggles, blushing. "Hey."

Evie closes the door. She walks towards Carlos and gives him with a kiss.

"So, uh, how did it go with Fairy God Mother?" asked Carlos.

"She noticed this," said Evie, holding up her hand, showing her ring. "I told her."

"Did she tell anyone?" asked Carlos.

"So far, no," said Evie.

"Good," said Carlos.

Evie sits down next to Carlos and looks at what he's doing. All she can see is a black screen filled with green letters and numbers.

"What's all that? A math equation?" asked Evie.

"It's called code," said Carlos. "I'm trying to hack into the school network."

"Why?" asked Evie.

"No reason. I just wanted to test this bad boy," said Carlos.

"Can you believe we're really here?" asked Evie. "It seems like only yesterday, we got married because we thought we would never escape the Isle."

"Actually, we got married three months ago," said Carlos, stating the fact. "But, yeah, it feels like yesterday. Why? Do you feel like chasing after a prince again?"

"No," said Evie. "The only prince I need is right here with me."

Evie leans closer towards Carlos, resting her blue locks on his white-tipped hair. Carlos closes his eyes and melts into the moment. The two truly felt at home next to each other. Evie places her hand on top of her husband's. Carlos turns his hand and gently holds his wife's hand.

Evie pulls the glove off Carlos so she can see the ring.

"Still feels surreal," said Carlos. "The woman who became my best friend became the woman I love and married."

"And the boy who became my first friend became the man I love and married," said Evie, her eyes sparkling the evening stars.

Carlos felt the need to lean closer and kisses Evie. Evie cups his cheek in her hand and pulls him closer, kissing him back. The kiss got so intense that Evie pushes Carlos down until his head falls on his pillow. Evie positioned herself on top of Carlos as they continued to kiss.

When she opened her eyes, she noticed something. The pillow looked awfully familiar. It was the pillow she gave to him back on the Isle.

"You kept it?" asked Evie, touching the pillow.

"I couldn't just leave it," said Carlos. "It was the first real gift I ever got. No reason to just leave it on the Isle."

Evie's smile grew wider. She already knew that Carlos loved her, but to bring the pillow she gave to him to keep him comfortable every night, it just showed her that he loved her more than she previously thought.

"I love you, Carlos De Vil," said Evie.

"I love you, Evie De Vil," said Carlos.

"Evie De Vil," said Evie, listening to the name come out of her mouth. "Still trying to get used to it."

"It suits you," said Carlos, smiling at her.

Evie leans down and plants her lips on her husband's. The two kissed for a long time, trapping each other in their own little world.

Who would have thought that two villain kids would learn to love? It truly felt like a happily ever after for both of them.

THE END

Well, what do you think? Did you love the ending? Did you love the entire story? I hope so.

I'd like to thank everyone who read, voted, and commented this story. I wouldn't have gotten this far without your support.