Miscommunication - Chapter 4

Very slight smut near the end [Edited]

- (Y/n) P.O.V -

I can still hear them talking in the parlour. Sebastian told Adrian an awful joke which sent him into hysterics. I checked the clock and saw they had been here for over three hours.

"Over stay your welcome, my ass"

I said to myself as I snacked on some biscuits and tea. Adrian told me that he would take care of the situation and that he had an idea as I was leaving the room.

"Dearie, would you come through please? I believe the young master has something to ask you"

I grumble as I slowly walked back to the front of the shop. Opening the door for me, Adrian took my hand afterwards and sat me down on a coffin. He places his hand on my shoulder and gently squeezes it reassuringly.

"What could be of such importance that you over stay your welcome, Ciel? I thought you were on business time?"

I heard Adrian chuckle slightly and Sebastian smirked at me as Ciel got noticeably more annoyed by my remark.

"I was going to apologise for my actions earlier but now I don't think you deserve such a thing"

I roll my eyes at him and crossed my legs. Leaning forward to get down to his level.

"Apology accepted, but on one condition"

Ciel cocked his eyebrow at me.

"Yes?"

"Don't assume I was being selfish because I didn't come back. I physically couldn't do so, Ciel"

Sebastian was quick to talk after that remark, walking closer to us from where he was standing behind Ciel.

"Yes, I did suspect you didn't seem all that well. Why not send a letter of your where abouts or you current state? If I be so bold to say, My Lady, but that seems like a rather foolish act"

I sat back up again, still facing Ciel and Sebastian.

"Because...I..."

"She was dead"

My head shoots round towards Adrian as he spoke. Ciel stiffened, almost knocking his tea out his hand.

"How? If you're alive now, how were you dead?"

I start to stutter, not sure what to say next. Adrian walks up beside me and takes my hand into his, as if to examine it.

"She was presumed dead upon arrival from the fire but she healed from her injuries here, under my care. I thought I would be best for her to lay low until she was well enough to re-enter society but I wanted that choice to be hers. It is not my place to alter or control someone else's choices in the game we call life, hehehe"

I let out a silent sigh of relief as Adrian kisses the top of my hand before placing my hand down.

"It's true, I was I'll for a long time but Undertaker took care of me. I apologise for keeping this a secret from you but I wasn't fit to come back at that time"

Ciel looked almost hurt but seemed to believe what we said.

"Very well. I understand your condition would not have been the best but it would have been reassuring if we had gotten so much as a letter"

Adrian helps me up as I try to stand and leads me over to where Ciel was sitting.

"I know, I'm sorry....Stand up, Ciel"

"Why?"

"Oh just do as you're told"

I laugh as I pull him into a light hug.

"I missed you...and I'm sorry I was gone for so long. I'm so unbelievably happy to know you are still well and living. I can't wait to visit the manor when I'm better"

Ciel pulls away and looks up at me.

"Visit? I thought you were going to come home now that I know you are, in fact, alive"

I turn to walk back over to Adrian and learn on his arm for support. I can feel him wrap his arm around my waist discreetly.

"And one day I will, but for now I need to stay here and get better...fully better. I promise I'll write to you and visit you whenever I can, my dear"

Ciel grabs his hat and coat as be begins to ready himself to leave.

"Very well, I look forward to hearing from you soon. Undertaker, your information was very useful, I shall see that it reaches the authorities at once"

"Any time, My Lord. Hehehe"

With one more bow from Sebastian, they leave presumably to find Elizabeth. I turn to gave Adrian, his hands rest on both sides of my hips.

"That was an awful large lie you told back there. Think he will believe it?"

Adrian chuckles and helped my into the back. I sat on the closet chair to me as he said some more tea.

"I believe so, My Dear"

He placed the pot on the table along with some random food we had in the small kitchen.

"It's not much, I need to buy more when this next coffin is ready"

I smile as I took a sip of my tea.

"It's good enough for me"

We stay in a comfortable silence as we at, finally relaxing after the long day. A soft spring breeze coming through a small window near the back of the room.

"I just realised that I never fully thanked you for saving me. You've done practically everything for me but I've been nothing but a burden"

He looks at me, that same intense aura radiating from him.

"You've never been a burden to me, not once"

I'm taken aback a little from his words.

"I-...well, thank you. That's a bit more reassuring"

"Never think you're a burden, especially when it comes to me, my dear. It's nice to have company in this line of work"

I give a small laugh and nod my head.

"Yes, I can imagine so...blimey, it has gotten late awfully fast. If you'll excuse me, I am going to retire for the night"

I stand up slowly, collecting a few of the plates to take over towards the sink.

"Allow me"

Adrian took the plates from my hands, his fingers lingering a little too long around mine.

"Are you sure? I can always help if you need it"

He laughs as be takes the rest of the plates and the tea pot over to the counter top.

"You've done quite enough for today, dearie. You should go and rest that pretty little head of yours"

I bid him goodnight and slowly make my way to the narrow stairs.

As I reach my room, I wash up for bed and slip into my nightgown. The cool spring air feeling wonderful on my bare skin. I climbed into bed, Adrian plaguing my mind as my hand wonders  under the skirt of my nightgown. My fingers working on my release, it's been a while since I've done this. I feel sinfully aroused touching myself to someone so much older than me, someone who has taken care of me...someone who knew my father. But I cannot bring myself to still, it feels to good. I can feel myself about to finish and let out a moan of his name.

I am hooked on this man, I am hooked on Adrian Crevan.