New School, Old Friends

The school year has already started two weeks ago, but (Y/N) hasn't attended yet. Reason being she had just returned from her home country/State after leaving four years ago, she was meant to stay but the sudden death of her father forced her mother to move back here with her. And so, she was getting ready for a late new school second year. She quickly brushed through her (H/C) hair deciding to leave it loose, she put on a pair of (F/C) converse to go with her jeans and (F/C) hooded jacket.

"bye mom" she quickly shouted to her mother, who was working in her office upstairs.

"bye sweets, have a great first day at school" came a quick reply as she left the house.

Time skip, the school halls
(Y/N) P. O. V

I speed walked down the halls trying to find my locker, I still had plenty of time before homeroom but knowing life I'd probably have to look for it to. While I was glancing down at the piece of paper in my hand, I didn't realise there was a person in front of me until I bumped into them and fell to the floor. The short haired girl turned around and locked her blue eyes with my (E/C) ones, she was in the middle of apologising when suddenly her eyes flew open in shock and recognition. As did mine once I realised who it was I bumped into.

"Katayusha?" I questioned my usually emotionless eyes shimmering.

"oh. My. God.... (N/N) (nick name)!" she bent down and hugged me, slightly suffocating me with her abnormally large bust.

"Kata" I said using my nickname for her "wait hang on, does this mean Natalia is here to?"

"of course, she just started her first year, she'll be so happy to see you" she then proceeds to squish me even tighter before letting go and grabbing my hand. "show me that paper, I'll take you to your locker then we'll go to see my siblings"

Time skip with Natalia and Ivan

Not once did Kata let go of my hand as she dragged me through the halls. Eventually we made it to a rather secluded area where there was a tall boy with a younger girl I recognised all to well.

"Natalia you will never guess who I found" Katayusha said cheerful as she finally let go of my arm once i was next to the two.

Natalia turned around glaring until her eyes landed on me, once she recognised who I was she let go from clinging onto the boys arm and instead clung to my waist in another suffocating hug. "(Y/N)? Is that really you?" I was about to answer but the tall boy interrupted me.

"um who is this?... Should I recognise her?" he asked confused, Kata put a hand on his shoulder and answered casually.

"not really, you two hardly ever saw each other to be honest, so I'm not surprised you don't remember her. But this is (Y/N), she played with me and Natalia a lot before she had to leave to her home country/state" she explained and added teasingly "don't mind her cold exterior, she's just shy"

I blushed in embarrassment, she wasn't wrong, but I'm not really fond of people pointing it out. And hang on that is Ivan? I mean, it's been four years but last time I saw him he was so small and adorable, now I would go as far as saying he's intimidating. I may be shy, but I was in a bit of a playful mood, I made a exadurated pout and said in a childish tone.

"aww wittle Ivan doesn't remember me" he looked slightly taken aback by my sudden playfulness, Kata just giggled and Natalia let out an amused snort. "seriously though, I still remember the days I was taller then you" I giggled a bit. He also relaxed and started chuckling along.

"your kind of amusing, I like you already" he commented.

Katayusha gasped out of nowhere "I'm a year older, but you two are in the same year, you should be in the same homeroom as well, you may not have interacted much as kids but maybe you can be friends now" she suggested cheerfully.

Ivan looked to me then gave a close eyed smile while reaching his hand to my head "sounds great, we will be great friends, da?" he said while roughly patting my head then just rested his hand there.

I wasn't against the idea, so I just gave a small rare smile and nodded. Maybe school won't be to bad after all.

Time skip, homeroom

Ivan and Natalia showed me where my classes are since we still had some time left, Kata had to leave to the library. Once Natalia departed to her homeroom Ivan took me to mine, turns out we did have it together as well as Math, chemistry and geography.

When in the room he turned to me and said "my seat is in the middle but the only free seats left are either at the front or the back"

"I'll sit at the back" I stated monotonously then made my way over to the seat by the window.

Not long after the room began to fill up with other loud students, including a blonde boy that caught my attention, mainly because he was the loudest out of all of them and was surrounded by what looked like and I assumed was the 'popular' crowd. When the teacher walked in everyone took there seats and somewhat payed attention.

"hello class, my first announcement will be that we have a new student who just moved from (country/state), please introduce yourself sweetie" she said, her voice practically dripping with sugar.

I stood up and everyone looked to my direction, minus Ivan who kept his gaze to the front. I tried my hardest to keep my emotionless facade "My name is (Y/N) (L/N)" I say monotonously then sit down ignoring the mixed reactions to my bluntness. The rest of the time I spent silently making notes and ignoring the muttering that was going on about me.

At the end of the class I started silently packing my things, my next class was math which I had with Ivan so I waited for him to come over so that we can walk together.

P.O.V change: Alfred

The new chick was quite blunt but she's definitely hot. She doesn't seem like the type to make friends easily so I'll do her a favour and talk to her. I'm about to get to her desk but that commie bastard beats me to it. Hang on, why is he of all people talking to her?

"(Y/N), I would like to ask something of you before we leave for next class"

She just hums in response and doesn't look up to him. I mean, I don't like him either but what's with that attitude?

"I'm sure that by now you have noticed the loud blonde boy in this class, da? That is Alfred, he is most popular in this school. However, him and I aren't on the best terms right now so I would appreciate it if you avoided him, da?"

What? No way is that bastard saying what I think he's saying, and she nodded?! That's it time to crash this convo.

"heeey why would you say that bud?" I exadurate the 'friendliness' in my voice. I then sling my arm round his shoulder and force a tight grip on it. "it's nice that you introduced me and all but there's no need to talk all that smack, yo (Y/N) was it? How about you join me at lunch? You seem like you could use a bit of the popular crowd ya know."

P.O.V change: (Y/N)

One thing comes to mind when listening to this guy: cocky. And a bit of a jock, I can tell why Ivan doesn't like him.

"I apologise, but no" I say bluntly. His gaze goes from a friendly to irritated to an angry one. In all honesty it's making me feel kind of nervous, I think I screwed up. "um... Let's go Ivan" i quickly say before speed walking out of the classroom and to math.

I think I screwed up.

Badly.