Project partner

The next day in history class, the teacher was giving out projects that we were to complete with a partner. My history teacher is very nice and she let us choose who we work with. Well, that would of been nice if anyone actually wanted to work with me. Whatever I'll just do it on my own again.

"Hey yo (Y/N)!"

Or not. I don't even have to guess who slings there arm around my shoulders and starts poking my cheek.

"How about we do this project together?" Is this guy serious? I bet he just wants to slack of.

To my misfortune, before I can even object, the teacher walked in front of us and handed us the paper. "It's so nice to see you finally working with someone (Y/N)." she smiled "Your presentation will be about the Revolutionary war. Don't let her do all the work, Alfred" She directed the last part towards the blonde who was still clinging to my shoulders.

"Of course teach!" He gives her a million dollar grin. Great, I'm stuck with him now.

P.O.V change: Alfred.

As soon as the teacher leaves (Y/N) pushes me of and puts some distance between us.

"What's wrong dudette?" I ask but she just glares at me and starts packing her things. Alright, try again. "So, how about we meet after school? Your place or mine?"

After another short silence she sighs and replies monotonously. "My place, meet me outside the gates after school." Sweet! I'm about to offer to walk her to her next class but she has already left my line of sight. I turn around just in time to see her speed walk out the door.

This whole 'gaining her trust' might be a little harder then I thought.

Time skip: Lunch break.

Right. I've decided to spend this break in the library. I don't exactly want to be clueless when going round (Y/N)s house, though I also don't want to be seen, especially by my friends. I put my hood up and sneak my way into the library.

Once there I pick us a few book on American history and find a isolated corner where no one will see me. Basically, I just start cramming as if I were cramming for a test. I'm still not sure why I suddenly care so much, I guess I still have to make it up to her or something?.... That bruise looked pretty nasty...and she gave up on trying to cover it up after...after I....

"Alfred?" Speak of the devil.

I look up to meet the sight of surprised (E/C) eyes, bright and lively... Just like that time at the mall. Of course though, they quickly return to a dull look and the (H/C) haired girl walks right past me. I fail to resist the urge to trip her and she falls to the ground. The books she was carrying fly everywhere but she manages to catch herself just before hurting her face.

"Nahahaha watch your step" I hold my stomach while laughing. She doesn't find it so amusing and gets up wordlessly. As soon as she does I stop laughing and watch her every move as she collects the books she dropped.

She has her back facing me as she clutches the books. "You know... That is my spot" Her voice is cold per usual, but there is something else in it... Is she upset? is it fear? nevertheless I reply with a smirk and a 'tch'. She tenses and takes a step away from me. "I-Its ok, I'll just find another spot" Did she just stutter? I think she just stuttered, what happened to the whole 'I don't care about anything' attitude?

Don't you remember? You punched it out of her. Guess you were right, you can beat emotions into-

I grab her wrist before she can leave and before the voice in my head could continue. I feel her tense and I keep my gaze down when speaking. "You can stay here, we are suppose to be partners right?" My suggestion is met with silence so I look up.

She is now facing me. Her beautiful features in a state of disbelief. Was I really that bad? Does she really not believe it when I'm nice to her?.....My eyes drift to the fading bruise on her cheek....I'm such an idiot.

P.O.V change: (Y/N).

I didn't hear him wrong did I? Usually he doesn't want anything to do with me, unless It's hurting me in one way or another. I examine his face for a few seconds, he seems to be doing the same to me. He looks... guilty? and almost pleading....

I can't believe I actually decided to stay. I don't talk to him nor even look in his direction. I simply keep my gaze in the books and pretend that my worst bully isn't there. From time to time though, I feel his gaze shift to me and sometimes even linger there.

It was awkward to say the least. We didn't talk much besides the occasional question or whenever he would need help with understanding something, however something about the atmosphere was surprisingly peaceful. It wasn't tense between us like it usually would be whenever we crossed paths. Although he would throw in the occasional comment here and there, it felt more like playful teasing rather then hurtful insults.

I even admit to letting my guard down just a little. I didn't scowl or glare but I did keep my face pretty neutral, maybe even let a small smile pass a few times. As for Alfred, his expression was unreadable, I'd try to get a look at his face but each time he would either look away or forcefully turn it into a malicious grin and throw a teasing comment at me.

All good things must end some time though. Before we knew it the bell rang and it was time for us to go to class. We walked alongside each other in awkward silence until we were out of the library and in the hallway. Then out of nowhere Alfred shoved me away from him and I tripped and fell to the ground. But he didn't look at me afterwards, he just turned on his heel and walked away.

"See you after school. Meet me by the gates." Was the last thing I heard from him before he vanished in the crowd.

Time skip: after school.

The rest of today was weird. Alfred was completely ignoring me, although that's not the weird part, this has happened before but each time there were other students to fill in the gap of bullying. This time however, no one bothered me, no one spoke to me, no one even looked at me and if they did they quickly turned there gaze away. Has it seriously gotten to that point? Where I'm not even worth picking on anymore, like I'm not even there?.... That's probably the best thing I could of happened to me... Alas, it's probably just a one of thing and by tomorrow everything will go back to the usual routine.

While standing outside the gates and listening to some music, I hardly realised that it started to rain until an umbrella found itself above my head. I looked up at it then to its owner.

"What took you so long?" I tried to sound uninterested when asking.

"Nahaha, I couldn't be seen hanging out with a loser" Was all the blonde said before lightly shoving me forwards and started walking. "Lead the way, I'm not a stalker I don't know where your house is" He grinned at me, he didn't stop walking causing me to speed up as to not get drenched. It was chucking it down now.

The whole way he kept pestering me with stupid questions, to which I replied with one or two word answers. When that got boring, he started to tease me, pointing out and commenting mostly on my 'cold' attitude. I was to preoccupied with trying to pretend he isn't there and unwillingly listening to his stories that he moved onto after teasing got boring, I didn't even fully register each time he moved his arm so that I would fit under the umbrella, even sacrificing his shoulder a few times when I felt like shuffling away from him.

I didn't look up from the ground so I didn't see his face, but something was telling me that if I did look up, I'd see an expression I'd never expect to see from him.

________________________________________________________________________________

I did realise that I skipped a week. I have no excuses other then writers block and family matters. This chapter is a bit more light-hearted and from here you will start seeing a slight shift in Alfred's behaviour. So stay tuned. I'm really trying not to rush into things and I came back to this chapter a few times before I was actually able to get it going.

Hope you enjoyed.

Baiii~~~