Day Of The Fair. Pt2

Alfred's P. O. V

AAAAAHhhhhh! She is so gonna hate me for this! I'm internally screaming as I walk even further away with the two girls, each one clinging to one of my arms.

It was a spontaneous decision, one that will require lots of explaining. We may have become friends these past few days, but that's only outside of school, inside no one knows about this and I dread their reactions should they find out. I mean, (Y/N) is still a hated, cold-hearted nobody, I couldn't possibly be seen with her... So why is my heart sinking again?

"Hm? What's wrong Alfie?" The ginger one asks, the shorter brunette also stopped in her tracks and turned around to me.

I realise that I've stopped walking, and was now just staring at the ground. The two walk back up to me and tug on my jacket.

"Alfie~~~?" The brunette drags out in a sickly sweet voice.

"I... I forgot something" I slowly reply, lifting my head up while doing so. Both of them are giving me a pouty disappointed look.

"Aw, when will you be back Alfie?" The ginger one presses up to my shoulder, probably leaving a stain with her overdone foundation.

"I won't"

The looks on their faces is priceless, if the situation was any different and I wasn't feeling like crap, then maybe I would've laughed.

"I left a... Friend... Behind, I need to go find them" I'm in the process of leaving but both of the girls grab my wrists.

"But Alfie~ Can't we go with you?" They whined simultaneously like a pair of creepy twins.

"Um You can't because uh.. Um.." I glance around for an excuse. "This uh friend of mine is uh" My eyes land on a couple, sitting a few yards away from us and acting all lovey-dovey. "...Is actually my girlfriend!"

"WHAT?!"

The fuck am I saying!?!?

"Yeah I'm sorry... She'll be reeeeally upset if I don't get to her now so uh" I drop all of the prizes that I somehow managed to hold on to. The two are frozen in shock and don't even make an attempt to pursue me. "BYE"

I wave my hand and dash off. I feel my face burn bright red, even when I'm bumping and slamming into people left right and center. I usher out quick 'Sorry's and 'excuse me's while I trip my way over back to the game stalls.

I look to the ground and find the pink milkshake puddle on the ground, but (Y/N) is nowhere to be seen. My heart rate increases, my eyes dash from corner to corner, even my feet become restless.

This was stupid, this was so stupid. I chant in my head as I pick a random direction to run in. Earlier... She seemed like she was heading for the ferris wheel, so I'll run that way. I still can't believe myself, do I seriously never learn? I gotta stop pulling off stupid shit like that! Maybe... Maybe if I find her in time, I can still set things straight?

...

I'm not sure how long I've been running, but it felt like forever. The temperature dropped a while ago, and the clouds started to hang threateningly in the air. I'm back at the ferris wheel, for the third time since I started running. I'm honestly out of breath, my heart is racing almost as fast as my mind. She probably went home...

My shoulders slump and I sit down onto one of the empty benches, placing my head in my hands. I've done it again... Now I couldn't care less about my popularity, or that I'm one of the only few that know of the real (Y/N). If only I felt like this an hour ago. I remember my stepbrother, Arthur, once telling me. 'You don't realise how much something means to you until you loose it'. True, he did yell that out after an argument with his 'friend' Francis, but it stuck with me.