Bomber Jacket

The following day. I hardly had any sleep last night, probably because I spent most of it either talking to Kata or just tossing and turning without being able to find any comfortable position. Regardless of that however, I got up relatively early and still had half an hour left before I had to leave and walk to school. I decided that I'd spend it by getting changed early and having a cup of (Tea/Coffee). I also lazily browsed through my phone as part of my morning routine. 

The time seems to pass quickly and before I know it I'm walking down the hallway the door, (F/C) bag swung over one shoulder, my eyes still slightly glazed over from the little amount of sleep I had. As I'm walking past the radiator something catches my attention in the corner of my eye, my (E/C) hues snap to the side and on the radiator I see a bomber jacket. Still being half asleep, despite the (Tea/Coffee) I just had, it takes me a few moments to realise that it doesn't belong to me nor my mom.

I pick it up with one hand, it's warm from spending the night on the radiator, subconsciously I bring it closer to myself and snuggle up to it, it's so warm... Hang on a second. This is Alfreds jacket isn't it? Upon realising that I jump and throw it across the hallway like it's about to bite me or something. I realise how silly I'm being and I'm honestly glad no one saw me, so i just laugh it off awkwardly to myself and go to pick it up.

I don't think Alfred would appreciate it if i put it on, even though it's so warm and tempting, he hates me so I'll just return it to him as soon as I see him. I just sling it over my shoulder, the same one on which I have my bag, and head out of the door and to school.

Timeskip: At school, Homeroom.

After once again spending the morning with my childhood friends I walk into homeroom a little earlier just so I can avoid bringing too much attention to myself, even if what I'm about to do will inevitably give me some attention, especially from Alfred's jealous fan club. To my surprise Alfred also came in a little earlier, and of course there were girls that followed him to his desk, though it was only three that I rarely interacted with so it could of been worse. I brace myself and make sure to keep my expression blank as I speed walk over to his desk. To that he glances up at me and sends me a smirk.

"Well well well, and what brings the almighty ice queen to such a humble peasant" He joked and all three girls giggled.

I stay stone-faced and wordlessly hold my hand out with his jacket. I don't dare say a word since anything along the lines of 'You left this round mine' or 'You forgot your jacket' would send the girls into a jealous frenzy and land me in a much bigger hell. Alfred keeps a eye on the jacket in my hand for a few seconds, he then grabs it but doesn't take it off of me. Instead he just slowly shifts his surprised shining blue orbs to meet my (E/C) ones.

There used to be a barrier there. Whenever we made eye contact I would hide behind a steel barrier that prevented me from fearing whatever he would say or do. Now it was gone, all it took was a single locking of eyes and everything shattered. I visibly tense, maybe even flinch. Ever since yesterday when I let my guard down around him, I suspected that I wouldn't be able to hide from him anymore, but never to this extent.

His eyes momentarily widen at my reaction and he finally pulls his hand back with his bomber jacket. Then once again he manages to catch me even more off guard by smiling widely and lightening his tone. "Thanks, I was looking for that everywhere. I was so worried that I lost it"

Not being able to take the eye contact I look away with a bored expression. I continue my silence even while giving him a quick nod as a 'you're welcome' gesture and walk away to my desk. I just about notice that he's getting out of his chair while still looking in my direction, please don't tell me he's going to follow me. Luckily though, Ivan joined me at my desk, beating Alfred to it and in the corner of my eye I barely see a annoyed glare directed straight at Ivan, who just gives a 'innocent' yet scheming smile back.

Timeskip: Lunch

"Hey dudette! wait up!"

Why is he following me? And why is he calling me 'dudette' rather then the insulting nicknames I grew accustomed to? Today non of my friends were able to sit with me, for that reason I was hoping to spend a quiet break on my own. Though of course Alfred finds me, I was fully expecting him to start commenting and call me a loner but instead he called out to me, I just turned on my heel and tried walking the other way but Alfred continued to follow me even to the back of the school.

My mistake, I bet I'm going to get beat up again, there is no one here so it would be the perfect opportunity. Guess there's no avoiding it now, I brace myself and once again turn on my heel except this time I stay rooted to the spot.

"Finally decided to stop huh?" He questioned as he walked over to me, as said before he stands a whole head taller then me, so his shadow loomed over me and completely blocked out the sunlight. I force myself to stay blank, even though I know that he knows that it's fake. Contrary to me and my expectations, after taking a longer look at my face he frowns and almost looks pained. "Didn't I already tell you? You don't have to make that face when you're around me... Look there is no one else around here so, please just stop"

I have to blink myself into believing that I didn't mishear what he just said. With a awkward glance to the floor I drop the whole act and look up at him with my real emotion. Suspicion and distrust.

He also has to blink himself into believing that I gave in so easily. Though he returns my look of distrust with a nervous laugh. "Well that's better then nothing"

"Why?" I interrupt him and immediately have his attention. "What is it with you lately? you've been acting strange"

"What do you mean 'acting strange'?" he makes air quotations with his fingers.

I look away again and almost mutter. "... you've been nice to me for one... Well... Nicer"

Once again his expression turns pained and without warning he places both of his hands on my shoulders, making me violently flinch for the second time today. "Well that's kinda hard to explain" He continues to give a awkward nervous laugh, though he stops when he notices that I'm really not liking the contact.

However instead of doing me the favour of letting go of my shoulders he pulls me closer to him, I barely have time to tense up as he wraps both of his strong arms around my back. I don't squirm or try to get away, it's pointless anyway since he is so much stronger then me. Instead I just remain tense and wait patiently for whatever he is doing to be over. He sighs and places his chin atop of my head.

"Listen..." He says in a soft tone. "... I'm sorry"

Sorry? He's sorry? After all of this time, after turning almost the whole school against me, after forcing me to lie to my mom over and over again, after leaving behind a painful bruise, he is sorry?! The sudden anger that bubbles up inside me gives me just enough strength to push him away from me. For the brief exchange that followed, I was somehow able to regain my cold barrier and glare at him with full icy force.

"Sorry is not going to cut it"

"Wha-" He tried to step back to me but I just shove past him and stop whatever protests he was about to spew out. As soon as I'm a few yards away from him does he again try to speak to me. "Hey, Where are you going?"

"Anywhere that isn't around you"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Last minute update be like. So how did you guys like the chapter? Once again I don't really have much to say for the authors note, but I do feel that it would be rude to just not have one at this point. Anyway I hope everyone is having a great time with life and I hope you're still enjoying my book. Please do tell me if anything ever displeases you about it or if you have suggestions for future chapters or developments.

Edit: I've been reading through this chapter again to help me with the next one. As I did I noticed many grammar and spelling mistakes, well I guess this was completed very last minute. But I'd just like to say that if a chapter ever suffers from major literary/grammatical errors then I'd like to be notified.

Have a great day/night.

Baiiiiiii~~