Pout.

[Alex's pout is cuter than Kara's, or, at least, this is Maggie's opinion.]

SONG:
Stranger by Halsey ft. Lauren Jauregui.
_________________________________________

«Alright Danvers ladies, I gotta get home, I have an early meeting -»

«But Maggie, the movie’s not even half over!» Kara rounds on Maggie with a full on pout, which is made even cuter by the fact that her cheeks are rounded with the fistful of popcorn she’d just stuffed in her mouth.

Alex grins, confident and smug and grateful to Kara, while James and Winn snicker, Winn backhanding James’s arm repeatedly, anticipating the way Maggie will inevitably melt: even J’onn is susceptible to the Kara Danvers Pout, and they’ve been speculating that Kara should just pout at Lilian Luthor next time Cadmus is threatening extermination, because hell, even she probably wouldn’t be immune.

«Sorry, kid, no can do.»

Kara nearly chokes and James thumps her on the back while a chorus of shocked "what did she just say?"

And "what the hell is happening?"
And "but you just pouted!"
"How are you resisting the pout right now?"
"We thought resistance was futile!" practically blew Maggie backward.

«The pout’s cute, Little Danvers, I’ll give you that. I can see where it’d be effective. But I really do have to get home.»

She slapped Kara on the knee as she made to stand up, Kara still wide-eyed and swallowing.

«Mags.» Alex said softly, grabbing her hand and stopping her from getting up. «Babe, stay a little longer? Just until the end of the movie? Or you can stay over, go to work from here in the morning.»

Her eyes widen and her lips pout forward slightly, and her voice is honey and James is hitting Winn this time and Kara’s mouth is wide open with horror because Maggie is already melting back into Alex’s arms and sighing.

«Alright, alright. Just until the end of the movie.»

«Or you can sleep here.»

«We’ll see.»

Another Alex Danvers Pout.

An outraged huff of indignation from Kara, and growing snickers from James and Winn.

«Okay, I’ll stay the night.»

And suddenly the pout is gone and is replaced by the most shit-eating grin Alex has ever worn, as she rearranges her head on Maggie’s lap and settles in so Maggie can play with her hair.

«Did she just -»

«Yeah, yeah, she did. She out-pouted you, Kara.»

«It must be love

Maggie’s eyes were on the movie, but she smiled as she responded to their banter.

«It is.»

_________________________________________

Would you prefer Alex's or Kara's pout?

-Mags