Jamie.

["Alex opened and closed her mouth, confused. A mini-Maggie. Must be a kid. It must be Maggie’s kid."]

(The blonde is Maggie Sawyer in the comics, the man is James Sawyer, her ex-husband and the girl is their daughter, Jamie

(The blonde is Maggie Sawyer in the comics, the man is James Sawyer, her ex-husband and the girl is their daughter, Jamie.)

SONG:
Blank Space by Taylor Swift

_________________________________________

«Alex, please slow down.»

«You're the one who made me drive instead of fly there. And you could survive almost any crash easy, so no, I will not slow down.»

Kara flinched as they took a curve very quickly, clutching the above-grip handle she’d broken off in her arms. Alex sighed with relief as they finally turned into the hospital.

«Hey, park this for me?»

Alex was already out of the car, shutting the door and waving at Kara, who was still gaping from the passenger seat.

«Alex! Wait! You never let me drive your car…»

Alex walked right past the information desk, flashing her badge to the nurses there. She knew where they would hold Maggie for observation after a gunshot wound, so it wasn't hard to find her room. The door was open, and Alex had to blink hard when she caught a glimpse of Maggie’s tired expression, IV drip casting a shadow over her face.

«Sawyer, what the h-»

Alex did a double take. Maggie was lying in the bed, as she should be, but in the chair by the bed there seemed to be a small...twin?

«Danvers, why-why are you here?»

Alex opened and closed her mouth, confused. A mini-Maggie. Must be a kid. It must be Maggie’s kid.

Suddenly remembering their last conversation, Alex half-turned to leave, nervous under the combined gazes. She stayed though, conflicted, and it appeared as if she weren't the only one.

«Mommy, is this your work friend?»

Alex froze and Maggie sighed.

«Yes, Jamie, this is my work friend. The FBI one, Agent Danvers. As you probably gathered, Danvers, this is Jamie...my daughter.»

Alex nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. She felt as if she was intruding, cutting in on family time.

«Well I just- wanted to make sure you were okay, y’know, and you-you seem alive, so I’m just gonna wait...outside for a while…»

With that, Alex turned and walked straight into Kara. With the expression of guilt on her face, she already knew.

«Eavesdropper.»

«I'm sorry! It just can't control it!»
Alex rolled her eyes, falling into one of the chairs in the hallway.

«...so

«So what?»

«I guess you didn't know Maggie had a kid?»

Alex ran her fingers through her hair, thinking. «I didn't. I really just- it never crossed my mind and...God, her kid looks exactly like her, Kara. They must be blood relatives.»

Kara nodded quickly, grabbing Alex’s hand.

«Great! Now it'll be easier for you to win her over!»

Alex blinked.

«What?»

«Oh come on, Alex! Show her you can take care of kids! Be all nice and then the kid likes you, and then-»

«Maggie isn't going to change her mind on a whim, Kara. And no, I'm not going to- that feels a bit...manipulative

Kara shrugged.

«Well, you like kids. Maggie has one. May not be a coincidence!»

Alex snorted, shaking her head. «Please, Kara, never mature.»

--------------------------------

Alex sighed, turning back down the hallway for the seventh time. She was pretty sure the receptionist was going to throw a phone at her if she paced another whole length, but she didn't care.

It had been a day, and Maggie was back in X-ray already. They hoped to release her within a few more days.

«Um, Agent Danvers?»

Alex turned so quickly that she feared whiplash. She looked down, swallowing as she caught sight of a very small, very cute version of Maggie.

«Hey, yes, um...Jamie, right?»

The girl nodded, and Alex crouched down until they were at the same height.

«What’s up, Jaime? Is something wrong?»

Jamie shook her head, taking Alex’s hand.

«I think my mommy wants to see you. She didn't say it but she’s been acting all weird for a while.»

Alex bit her lip, curling her fingers around Jaime’s.

Should she?
Could her heart handle more of seeing Maggie like that? Seeing her at all?

«Well, let’s go then! Don't want to keep your mom waiting, do we?»

Guess so. 

Jamie shook her head, smiling.

«Mommy is gonna smile when she sees you, you know.»

«Really? And why is that?»

«Because she smiles a lot when she talks about you.»

Alex covered her face with her hand, barely able to mask her laughter with a cough.

«Really? Well, later, you have to tell me all of what your mother said about me.»

_________________________________________

Hey guys, I have a twitter account named @/CatCoWWM

so please, go and follow me :3

-Mags