Vacation. (2)

[Super Friends take a week-long
vacation at a lake house.]

SONG:Hot blooded by Foreigner_________________________________________

SONG:
Hot blooded by Foreigner
_________________________________________

They pull into the driveway of the lake house a few hours later—windows down, music loud, all of them screaming, singing along to Hot Blooded.

James parks the car, and they spill out with whatever bags they can grab. They file into the house, and find M’gann in the kitchen. She greets each of them with a hug, in turn.

They wander around the kitchen, living room, checking everything out. «How was the trip?”» she asks.

Alex is last, herding in her siblings, Maggie’s arm slung around her waist. «Good. It was mostly fun.»

Kara turns around, «Where’s J’onn?»

«Out on the dock. He went to put some stuff in the boat.»

Winn spins, «We have a boat?!»

James looks at him, squints, «We’re on a lake, man.»

Everyone laughs and M’gann puts her hands on Winn’s shoulders. «Let me show you guys around.»

She leads them through the rest of the house—it’s all rustic, cabin-like. They start in the huge kitchen that opens up to a dining room with a large, wooden, 10-person table.

To the right is a giant living area with two couches, two overstuffed armchairs, and a large fireplace. On the back wall, a set of stairs leads up to the second floor. Behind the stairs, M’gann and J’onn have taken the master bedroom.

Upstairs, she leads them through a small sitting room at the top, and points out another master suite on the left, and on the right, two smaller bedrooms—one with one king bed, one with two queens.

Alex and Maggie call unnecessary dibs on the upstairs master and race inside—it was already decided that would be their room—both mumbling something about being down in a minute, and closing the door behind themselves, giggling.

M’gann puts a hand on Kara’s shoulder with a grin, «I’m going to go…downstairs. Check on J’onn. Lunch will be ready in about 20 minutes.»

Kara nods, she sympathizes. She may not be psychic, but she does have super-hearing and x-ray vision, and she needs to get away from her sister's room—now.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Lena has reworked the bedroom situation. They originally planned on boys in one, girls in the other, but Lena is a good friend.

She winks at Kara, then nudges Winn and puts a hand on James’ arm, «Come on boys. This one’s ours.» They look from her to Kara, who just shrugs, and follow Lena into the bigger of the two rooms.