Subtlety.

[Post- 2x03]
[After Maggie leaves the DEO and spends far too much time thinking about a certain secret government agent.]

SONG:Dangerous woman by Ariana Grande

SONG:
Dangerous woman by Ariana Grande.

_________________________________________

Maggie Sawyer tried not to think about Agent Alex Danvers on the way back to her apartment. She stared out the window, watching the scenery roll by and trying to think about what new upgrades she could make to her motorcycle or wondering if the new Ghostbusters Bluray had been delivered from Amazon or whether her paycheck allowed her a little extra for that leather jacket she had been eyeing for months.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the DEO agent who Alex had assigned to drive Maggie home.

«Ma’am, we’re here. Do you need any help?»

Maggie sighed heavily. «Thanks. I’ve got it from here.»

She gave the agent a quick salute as she shut the door to the black SUV and gave it a quick once over. She chuckled to herself.

«You secret government agencies really should work on your subtlety.» She shook her head as walked to her front door.

---

Dropping the keys in the dish by the door, Maggie looked around her apartment. It was small, cozy, and at the moment, feeling very...empty.

She peeled off her jacket with a wince, tossing it on the recliner closest to the door. The burn was little more painful than a sunburn really, but with the pain came the memory of how close she had come to a much worse fate. And following closely with that, the memory of a certain DEO agent saving her from that fate.

She shook her head, trying to clear the thought. She didn’t know why she had told Alex she had a date. The only date she had was with a bottle of beer and Netflix.

She kicked off her boots and shuffled into the kitchen, the exhaustion finally rolling over her. She grabbed a slice of cold pizza and a beer from the fridge, shuffling back into the living room, where she ended up flopping down on her overstuffed couch with a grunt.

She sat there for a moment, trying to get her bearings, until she realized she couldn’t stomach the beer or the food, setting them aside and picking up the remote control instead. She picked some random sci fi movie she had seen a billion times and sat back against the cushions, finally letting her mind wander.

Maggie had always been good at playing it cool, not letting her feelings show. That was a skill she had learned from being the outsider, wearing her emotional armor at all times, and never sticking around long enough to let anyone see inside.