Drunk.

[A nerf war between two drunk dorks]

SONG:
B

eautiful mess by Kristian Kostov

_________________________________________

Kara was paying attention to her phone and not using her superhearing, but she could hear the screaming and laughter through Alex’s door.

She didn't know how any of Alex’s neighbors hadn't complained yet. Maybe it was because it was the first time they ever heard so much noise coming from her sister’s apartment in forever.

Kara didn’t even bother to knock, they probably wouldn’t have heard it anyway, so she just used the spare key and took a first step into the room that chose this exact moment to become suspiciously silent .

Using her x-ray vision, she looked around the place to find Maggie hidden behind the counter and Alex doing the same thing but finding cover in the opened bathroom door that faced the bed. Kara shook her head and looked around again with her normal vision, trying to determinate how her sister and her girlfriend ended up like that.

Kara remembered Alex telling her that Maggie was having a day off, and on days like this Maggie always cooks dinner for Alex.

Kara could see two or three pans in the sink and taking a deep breath, she could also since the smell of homemade food and tiramisu.

Looking at her left, Kara noticed the tv was on but mute, the history documentary playing was probably long forgotten. Everything indicated that Maggie and Alex had dinner and decided to watch tv. At some point they had a few drinks that clearly turned into a full getting drunk competition, if the two almost empty bottles of Whiskey was something to go by.

The two girlfriends probably got tipsy and came up with a bet, because that’s what they always did. They had some sort of dispute, turned the volume of the tv entirely down and went to Alex’s closet.

Kara knew that because that was where Alex would keep her nerf guns, and there were small orange plastic bullets all over the floor.

Kara looked at the tv again and everything made sense. But before she could prise her investigations skills, something that looked like a war cry startled her and she watched Alex leave the protection of the bathroom door and run, like her life depended on it, towards Maggie.

The detective barely had any chance to take a look over the counter and process what was happening before Alex jumped over it and pushed them both back to the floor.

Kara heard a nerf gun being relentlessly unloaded.

Poor Maggie.

«Hah! I win!» Alex said getting up behind the counter while Maggie crawled away from her.

«Yeah yeah, Danvers. Just wait for the payback.»

After a beat Kara just had to burst into laughter. She had to hold herself at the door frame when the other two women looked at her with surprised eyes.

Maggie got embarrassingly red, but she and Alex couldn’t help but join the laughter too.

------

«And you say that Winn behave like a kid…» Kara teased while she helped the two drunks to the bed.

«Hey! I don’t bring my nerf guns to work?I keep them at home.»

«Good point, babe.» Maggie said kissing Alex on the cheek.

«Yeah. But you two are the only ones I know that watch Old Western documentaries after dinner then decide to play 'drunk bang bang'.»

Alex looked a bit offended. «It was a serious nerf gun fight. And I won!»

«Of course, Agent Danvers.» Kara said with a small smile before kissing Maggie and her sister good night. «But please, don’t jump over the counter after drinking ever again, ok?»

«But she was so hot!»

«Aww, you're so cute, Danvers.»

Kara rolled her eyes, but with a cute smile on her face.

_________________________________________

Would you jump on Maggie?

-Mags