Chapter 3 - Raven's Party

Murphy's POV

I walk into my house and throw my bag onto the table. I ran back to my room and shut the door as I pull out my phone. I dial Emori and put her on speaker phone. I walk over to my closet and start looking through it when she picks up.

"What's up, dude?" She answers.

"Emori. I need your help. Bellamy asked me to go to a party at Raven's tonight with him and I don't know what to do." I franticly reply, rummaging through my clothes. Emori 'oohed' through the phone.

"My boy is finally going on a date! I'm so proud of you." She cheers. I scoff and roll my eyes at her comment.

"I'm not going on a date. It's just a party. Just come over and help me." I tell her.

"I got you, boo. I'll be there in five." She says before hanging up.

***

"There." Emori says, straightening the backwards hat she just put on my head. She ended up dressing me in black, skinny jeans, a blue oversized sweater and my black hat. I pull on my black converse and take my phone off the night stand. I put in Bellamy's number and type a message, my finger hovering over the send button.

"He gave you his number too? Go, John!" She teases. I say nothing and just stare at my phone. Emori sighs and takes my phone from me, hitting send.

"There. Now we wait." She says, sitting down on my bed.

Murphy: I'm ready for the party if you want to come get me. ~ Murphy

A few minutes later, my phone dings.

Bellamy: Great! I'll be there in a few.

I let out a sigh of relief and turn to Emori to hug her.

"Thanks, Emori. I don't know what I'd do without you." I tell her.

"No problem. You just have to tell me everything that happens when you get back. Go get him, tiger." She says with a wink. I smile back at her as the doorbell rings.

"It's him!" I squeal, quickly standing up and checking my reflection one last time. I walk to the door and open it, revealing a tall, curly-haired boy. God, he's so handsome. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and nice-fitting jeans. He smiles at me, making my blush as I smile back.

"Ready to go?" He asks, he deep voice making me melt. I nod and walk out, closing the door behind me. He leads me to his black rover and we both get in. We sat in silence as he drives us to Raven's house. I decide to break the silence, because honestly, I felt a little awkward.

"Uh... Thanks for, you know. Inviting me and shit." I say, trying to make it seem like I didn't care. I glanced over at him and saw his lips pull into a smile. His lips look so soft and perfect.

"No problem. You looked like you could use a break from everything." He says with as chuckle. His laugh, oh my god. Could he get any more hot? I blush and turn to look out the window to hide my smile. A few minutes later, we pull up to a huge house, people walking around, making out and laughing. We get out and I stand in front of the car, hesitant to go inside. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look over to see Bellamy, a little half smile on his face.

"Come on. It'll be ok." He takes his hand off my shoulder and takes a step forward, but looks back to make sure I'm coming with him. I nod my head and slowly walk up to the door with him. When we get there, Raven opens the door, a big goofy grin on her face.

"Bellamy, Murphy! So glad you could make it! Come in!" She says cheerily, stepping aside to let us inside.

"Thanks, Raven." Bellamy says before walking in. I stay close behind him, knowing that none of my friends would be here. He walks until he finds his friends. Finn, Clarke, Jasper, and Atom. Oh no. As we get closer to them, I get closer to the wall, not wanting them to see me.

"Hey, Bellamy!" Jasper shouts, causing the rest of the group to cheer his name. He bro-hugged Finn and Atom, high-fived Jasper and side-hugged Clarke. Clarke clung on to Bellamy's side, a little too long for my liking. I feel my face get hot with the jealousy. I watch them talk for a little while before I had to leave, wandering off to find a drink.

Bellamy's POV

"So who'd you come with?" Finn asked. "I know you didn't come alone. Who's gonna be the lucky lady tonight?" He smirks, nudging me with his elbow.

"I didn't come with a girl, actually. I invited Murphy to come with me." I say, standing tall. Finn's face draws into a shocked expression.

"Murphy? Bellamy, how many times do I have to tell you. He's not one of us. Stay away from him." Finn says, a little too loud. I roll my eyes.

"Lay off, Finn. He's not a bad guy. And so what if he's not one of us. Maybe that's a good thing." I retort, losing my temper a bit.

"What's you're problem, Bell? You know we don't mess with him. He's so gay. Are you gay, Bellamy?" Clarke cuts in, insulting Murphy and myself at the same time.

"What the hell, Clarke? What's wrong with him being gay? That doesn't mean we can't be friends with him. Man, whatever. I'm out of here." I scoff, walking off. I look around, finally noticing that Murphy is gone. I walk around looking for him, until I finally find him in the corner of the kitchen, a drink in his hand.

"Hey." I say. He looks up at me. His icy blue gaze cut into mine.

"Hi." He replies. A cute, tiny smile curls up on his lips.

"I'm ready to leave if you are." I say, running my hand through my hair. He looks slightly confused.

"The king wants to leave his people so soon?" He teases, a small smirk plays on his lips. I roll my eyes, chuckling a little.

"I'm not the king. There's just some people I'd rather not be around." I say. He shrugs and sets his drink down on the counter.

"Yeah. We can leave if you want." He says, tucking his phone into his pocket.

"Murphy! Come here!" Someone calls. We both look over and see it's Finn and Clarke. He looks at me, fear in his eyes.

"I'll be right behind you." I tell him. He nods and slowly walks over to them and I follow loosely behind. He stops in front of them. I stand just close enough to hear what they were saying.

"Stay away from Bellamy, why don't you?" Clarke spits.

"W-what?" Murphy stutters.

"You heard her, faggot. Stay away from Bellamy. You better not be trying anything on him." Finn hisses.

"I-I'm not trying anything. Bellamy's is just being nice to me. Is that a problem?" Murphy says, trying desperately to regain his confidence and not sound like he was scared.

"Don't be smart, jackass. I know damn well that you're just trying to fuck him. Everyone knows you like him. You're just lucky that Bellamy's too stupid to realize it." Clarke retorts. Murphy opens his mouth like he's going to say something, but hesitates for a second.

"I-I d-don't know what you're talking about. I don't like him l-like that." I can hear the fear and pain in his voice. It's almost to hard to listen too. Finn grabs him by the collar of his shirt and slams him against a wall. Murphy lets a little yelp. I want to help, but I'm frozen in place with shock.

"Like hell you don't. I see the way you look at him everyday, you pervert. Stop trying to get with him or we'll tell him that you just want to fuck him. That's all you gay people want anyway. Maybe that's why your dad left you after you came out." Finn barks. He lets go of Murphy and he darts off towards the door.

"What the hell, Finn?!" I shout, pushing Finn into a wall, the shock wearing off, allowing my to spring into action. I run outside to catch Murphy. He was running down the street, his hands wiping tears from his face.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself. I run after him, following him all the way to the park. When I finally find him, he is sitting on the edge of the pond, his knees pulled up to his chest. I jog over to him.

"Murphy?"