Chapter 38 - First Day of School

Murphy's POV

"Wake up, Lexa. Time to get ready." I whisper to the little bundle in her bed. She groans and rolls over to look up at me. I smile at her, which inevitably makes her smile back.

"Stop it, dad!" She squeals, sitting up and hugging me. I chuckle and stand up with her in my arms.

"Come on. Let's go eat breakfast, then we can get ready for your first day of school." I say, setting her down and playing with a piece of her wild hair. We walk down the hall to the kitchen where Bellamy had our food ready and on the table.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." He smiles at Lexa, walking around the corner and picking her up, hugging her tightly. With Lexa still in his arms, he wraps one arm around my waist and kiss me briefly. "Morning, babe." He smirks at me. I smile and kiss him again with my hand on his chest.

"Awww." Lexa coos, a huge smile on her face. Bellamy chuckles and sets her down in her seat.

"Eat your breakfast, little bird." He says with a kiss on her head. Bellamy and I sit down on either side of her and begin to eat our own food, Lexa buzzing with excitement for her first day.

***

Once we're done eating, I pick up the dishes and Lexa pulls Bellamy towards her room, probably to help her get ready. I quickly wash the dishes, putting them away and beginning to put together a lunch for Lexa to take to school.

***

Bellamy's POV

Lexa sits on the floor in front of me, talking her head off about which classes she was excited for and how many friends she wanted to make. I set the hairbrush down on the ground and separate her hair into three equal chunks. Lexa had asked if I could braid her hair, and since I have so much experience braiding Octavia's and John's, I was happy to braid my little girl's hair as well. Braiding down her beautiful, long hair, I twist a blue hairtie into the end to secure it. I stand up and help Lexa up, her blue dress, flowing behind her. She hugs me briefly before skipping back down the hallway to the living room. I follow behind her, but branch off into the kitchen with Murphy. He zips up her lunchbox and places it with her backpack, both green and pink. He smiles at me and walks up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I do the same, looking into his eyes and smiling.

"We're sending our little girl to school. First day of fifth grade." He says quietly.

"Yeah. She's a big girl now." I respond. It's odd. We've been living with her for only a few months and it already feels like we've lived a lifetime with her.

Ring. Ring.

The phone interrupts my thoughts. I pull away from John and pick it up, Octavia's number flashing on the screen.

"What's up, O?" I answer the phone, putting it on speaker. "You're on speaker."

"Hi Bell. Is Murphy and Lexa there?" She answers.

"I'm here. Lexa!" Murphy calls. She comes running into the kitchen, her bare feet padding on the hardwood floor.

"Yes, dad?" She says, looking up at John.

"Auntie Octavia called. She wants to talk to you." He responds, motioning to the phone.

"Auntie?" Lexa says hopefully, gripping the edge of the counter and looking at the phone.

"Hey, Lexie! How are you?" Octavia's voice buzzes, the pride obvious in her voice.

"Hi! I'm really excited! I start fifth grade today!" She squeals, a huge grin on her face.

"That's great! I just wanted to wish you good luck for your first day!" Octavia coos.

"Thanks, Auntie O! I'll make sure to tell my teachers about you." Lexa says. A bell rings on the other side of the phone.

"I've got to go now. Class is starting. I'll see you soon, lovebug. See ya, Murph and Bell." Octavia hangs up and I look up to check the clock. Five minutes till eight. Lexa's classes will start soon.

"Alright, doll. Time for you to get to school." I say. Alexa nods and skips to the door, pulling her shoes on and standing by the door. I grab her things and kiss John goodbye before walking to the door and leading Lexa to the car. She hops in the back and I hand her her things, getting the front driver's seat and pulling out of the drive way.

***

I pull up to the school and get out, opening the door for Lexa. She jumps up and looks up at the school, a sparkle in her eyes. She turns to look at me, a smile on her face. I smile back and pull her into a hug.

"Be good. I'll pick you up when you get out. I love you." I tell her, hugging her tightly and rubbing her back. She pulls away and kisses my cheek.

"I will. I love you too, daddy. Bye!" She calls, turning on her heels and running up to the school. I stand up and watch her disappear into the building, a smile on my face. My baby girl on her first day of school. I couldn't be more proud.

This is the end! Thank you for staying with me on this one. Thank you for all the votes and comments. Please leave a comment if you would like a sequel to this story. I might consider writing a part two to this story, but let me know if this something you'd like to see. Again, thank you so much for reading and have a good day.