Chapter 5 - Damnit Finn!

Murphy's POV

Alright. My crush just invited me over to his place after school tomorrow. What am I going to do? I grab my phone and call Emori. This calls for some best friend advice.

"Hey." She says. I can hear music playing in the background. Fall Out Boy, her favorite band.

"Hey, Emori. I have a little bit of an issue." I tell her. I hear shuffling and then the music shuts off. That's how I know she's listening.

"What is it? Do I got to beat somebody up?" She says quickly.

"No. Bellamy invited me over to his place after school tomorrow. And I said yes." I admit. Emori squeals through the phone.

"Girl! Did you get some?" She asks cheerfully.

"What? No! But after the party, we were at the park and we just talked. It was nice. He must have thought that too because he just texted me asking me to hang out tomorrow." I say quickly, all in one breath. "Emori, Bellamy knows that I like him now and he still invited me. He didn't act all weird about it." I say a little more calmly.

"Bitch! Do you think he likes you too? I thought he was straight?" She asks.

"Well..." I started.

"Uh-uh. Tell me right now what he told you." She demanded.

"I asked him if he was gay. I didn't even think about it before I said it. He got really nervous about it. He said he didn't know. That he had been asking himself that question for a long time." I quietly say. "But you can't tell anybody. I promised him."

"Hmm. I think that you should just talk to him."

"Well, thanks. That helps a ton." I say, sarcasm dripping in my voice.

"Don't sass me, sir." She sasses back. "I just think that you should have a good conversation with him. Try and get to know him better. Maybe, with all that Murphy charm, you'll have him falling head over heels." She replies. I can't see her, but I can tell she has a cheeky smirk on her face.

"Alright. Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow, E." I sigh.

"Bye babe." She replies before hanging up. I sigh and toss my phone onto my nightstand. I lay back on my bed and close my eyes. I hope I don't screw this up. I pull off my shirt and pull a blanket over myself, slowly falling asleep.

***

The next morning at school, I sat in fourth hour, watching the door for that curly-haired boy. When he walked in, his eyes met mine. He gave me a small smile, which I returned quickly. I felt a blush crawl over my face, but it quickly faded when Finn walked in. He scowls at me and I look away and down at my desk. As class started, I felt his stare on the back of my neck the entire time. My ears were burning the entire class from his unwavering death stare.

The bell rang, dismissing everyone to lunch. I quickly pick up my things and walk to the lunchroom. I find Emori and sit with her, pulling my notebook out of my bag and setting it on the table in front of me. No reason why, it's just a habit of mine. My notebook is very important to me. Emori and I sit in comfortable silence, scrolling through our phones. I see a familiar figure walk into the lunchroom through the corner of my eye. I look up and see Bellamy. A smile washes across his face when he sees me. I smile back and give him a little wave. I must have looked so pathetic, but that's just what he does to me. Makes me a pathetic fucking mess. My smile stays plastered on my face... until Finn walks in behind Bellamy. He sees Bellamy looking at me, then pushes his back, making him walk towards their table. I look back down at my phone, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Just ignore him. Finn's an asshole." Emori says, still scrolling through her tumblr.

"Yeah. I just wish he wasn't so up in my face about it. I'm gay, not a serial killer." We talk for a few more minutes. Then, I hear a cough behind me. I turn around and see, you guessed it, Finn. It takes every fiber in my being not to roll my eyes and turn back around.

"What?" I ask flatly, meeting his angry stare.

"Mr. Tough Guy now, huh? I saw you looking at Bellamy. Already forgot what I told you at the party?" He hisses. I can't help it now. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Get off my ass, Finn. You're acting like he's your boyfriend. So what if Bellamy hangs out with me?" I shoot back. Finn grabs me by the collar of my shirt and pulls me up off my chair. Emori stands up quickly.

"Back off, Finn! Put him down and get out of here." She barks fearlessly. He looks over my shoulder at her. Surprisingly, he lets go of me, but he doesn't leave.

"I see you've got a little girlfriend to protect you. Still doesn't change the fact that you're fucking pervert." He pushes my chest, making me take a step back. I shrug away from him and sit back down, picking up my notebook to put it back in my bag. Finn slaps it out of my hand, a stray paper flying out. I quickly bend over to pick up the paper, but Finn steps on it. I leans over and picks it up, scanning the paper.

"Finn, give it back!" I plead, reaching for it but he holds it out of my reach. An evil smile spreads across his lips.

"Look what we have here." He taunts, waving the paper in my face. I reach for it, but once again, he holds it above my head. "This looks like it was for Bellamy. Why don't I do you a favor and give it to him for you?" He sneers before turning on his heels and walking towards his table, Bellamy completely oblivious to what was happening a few feet away.

"Finn! Stop. Please." I squeak. I take a few steps after him, but it's too late. He's leaning over the table, showing all of his friends the embarrassing doodles I made of Bellamy. I walk back to my table, sitting down and hiding my face from everyone. I shove my notebook in my bag and hoist it onto my shoulder. I risk a glance over at the table and see Bellamy, the paper in his hands, eyes scanning the paper carefully. Damnit Finn! Now he probably thinks I'm weird. I feel tears pricking at my eyes. I stand up and storm out of the cafeteria, going somewhere I don't even know.