Chapter 23 - That Was Hot

Murphy's POV

I walk into school, Bellamy and Emori by my side. For once, I feel safe. I feel loved. I feel happy. We sit down at a table, waiting for the bell to ring to dismiss everyone to their first hour class. Then the princess and her jester had to come and ruin it all. Finn slammed his hands down on the table, getting the attention of most everyone in the room.

"I see you still haven't heeded my warnings about staying with Bellamy. Do me and the boys have to make sure that you remember." He threatens. I feel my face get hot with anger. I look over at Bellamy, my eyes asking him permission to stand up and give him a piece of my mind. He gives me a small nod and a half-smile. I stand up, walking around the table to stand face-to-face with Finn. He crosses his arms in front of him with a sick smirk on his face. I leave my hands at my side, clenching and unclenching my fists. Here we go, John. You can do this.

"I thought Bellamy told you to leave us alone. We're perfectly happy the way we are and there's nothing you can do to change that! You can't accept me for who I am and you can't accept Bellamy for who he is! You were never really his friend in the first place! You were just his friend because he's hot and all the girls want him! You get girls through Bellamy and now since he has a boyfriend, you can't get with the girls that he rejects! Are you just angry that your little whore well has dried up because that's sure what it seems like!" I shout, my voice only getting louder as I continued on. My anger had built up and boiled over. I hadn't even realized that I had Finn pinned up against a table, my fists clenched and his face covered with a look of surprise and embarrassment. Everyone was staring, gaping and silent. "So," I take a deep breath, calming myself down and lowering my voice. "Unless you want to make the screaming match a regular thing, I suggest you leave me and Bellamy alone." Having proved my point, I turn and walk back to my seat, sitting down with a staring Bellamy and Emori. Soon everyone began whispering, the normal volume returning to normal soon enough. We sit in silence for a minute, both of them staring at me.

"What?" I say, slightly embarrassed now. I feel myself blushing.

"That was hot." Bellamy says, staring at me in awe. I blush hard, holding back a smirk.

"Who knew that there was a secret badass in there?" Emori teases, nudging me. I look around, seeing Finn retreat with Clarke into the hall.

"I guess I've had enough."

***

During fourth hour, class is interrupted by the obnoxiously loud intercom.

John Murphy to the office please.

I sigh, pick myself up off my chair and trudge down to the office. I had been called down to the office before, but normally it was because my mom had called, making sure that I was still there or some shit. I get there and Principal Diana was standing outside her office, Finn and Clarke standing next to her, sick smirks on their faces.

"Yes, Principal Diana?" I huff, rolling my eyes at them. She ignores my annoyance and continues.

"John-"

"Don't call me that."

"Murphy. I have been informed that you threatened Mr. Collins and Ms. Griffin. You know we have a zero tolerance policy, so I'm going to have to ask you to explain yourself to avoid expulsion." She says in a monotone voice. My face drops. She can't be serious.

"You can't be serious? Zero tolerance policy? That's bullshit."

"Language, Mr. Murphy." Principal Diana interrupts. I ignore her and continue.

"Has no one seen how these two treat me? I'm getting threatened and beaten by this dipshit every god damn day! And now I stand up for myself and I'm the one getting expelled! I didn't even touch him. Princess over there is too emotional to deal with Bellamy not wanting to get with her, so I'm guessing I'm getting written up for stealing her man too, huh? What's next? I'm too gay for this school to handle. The hell is wrong with you people?" I nearly shout. I'll admit, I lost my temper. But how can you blame me after everything I've been through.

"Mr. Murphy, the school has seen the way you've been treated and action has been taken."

"Bullshit. I'm out of here." I scoff, turning on my heels and walking back to class. Principal Diana calls after me, but I ignore her, storming off down the hallway. I spend the rest of the day in a grumpy-ass mood, rolling my eyes and making a sarcastic comment every chance I get. I don't care if I offend anyone. They can get over it.

***

Bellamy and I get back home and I walk inside, going straight up to Bellamy's room, tossing my stuff in the corner and retrieving my guitar. This will calm me down. It always does. I sit on the edge of the bed and adjust it on my lap, running my fingers down the strings. I look down lovingly at the instrument, stroking the worn wood. I play a few notes, feeling my stress begin to melt away. I play a tune from a song that I forgot the name of, the sound echoing off the wall. I hear Bellamy walk in, but I ignore him, getting lost in my own world of notes and picking of guitar strings.

"John." He says, sitting on the bed next to me. "What's wrong?" I say nothing, closing my eyes and listening to the sounds vibrating from deep inside my guitar.

"John." He says, a little more stern this time. I place my hand over the strings, halting any more sound from emerging. I look over at him, his eyes full of concern.

"I'm pissed off. Diana threatened me with expulsion for going off on Finn." I finally respond. Bellamy's face pulls into one of thought and a cheeky smile.

"Well, Finn can go fuck himself. So can Diana. I thought that was hot. I could get used to badass Murphy." He smirks, running a hand down my back and making me shiver.

"Is that an offer, Blake?" I smirk back, setting my guitar carefully down on the ground.

"Maybe. We'll see later. But right now I need you to pick that guitar back up and play some more of that beautiful music of yours."