Chapter 13 - You're Staying

Bellamy's POV

I rushed in the door, not wanting my mom or Octavia to see the tears falling down my face. I quickly run up the stairs, shutting the door to my room a little harder than I wanted to. I fall onto my bed, burying my face in my pillow to muffle the sobs erupting from my body. I feel like dying. Murphy was in there, getting beat by his mom for being gay, and I left. I didn't do anything to protect him. I couldn't. So I left him there, at the wrath of his mother. I have to do something to get him out of there.

"Bellamy? Honey?" I hear my mom call from my doorway. I feel her sit on the bed next to me, resting her hand on my back. "Bell, what's wrong?" Her voice worried and soothing. I sit up and hug her, resting my forehead on her shoulder. She rubs my back and kisses my forehead.

"Mom, we have to get him out of there." I cry, sitting back and looking into her eyes.

"Who? Out of where?" She asks, brushing my curly hair out of my face.

"Murphy. I can't let him stay there anymore. I-I have to help him. We have to." My whole body is shaking. She takes my large hand in her small ones, calming me slightly.

"Bellamy, tell me what happened." She says, her gaze unwavering from mine. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"I-I went over to his house to help him study. We were sitting on his bed, working on his homework when he needed to take a break, so we-" I stop, wondering if I should tell her I made out with Murphy on his bed.

"You what, Bell?" She says, coaxing the words out of me.

"We started kissing. His mom walked in on us. He told me she was homophobic, but-." I feel the sobs making their way back up my throat. I bite them back, holding my breath to keep them from forming. Once it passes, I continue. "She started screaming. She kicked me out and forbid Murphy from seeing me anymore. I stood outside and a bottle flew through his window." My mom sat back, tears of her own forming in her eyes.

"Bell, I'm so sorry." She wipes the tears from her eyes before they can fall. "I'll tell you what; if you can get Murphy out of there, he can stay here as long as he needs to." She says, giving a sad, half-smile.

"Really?" I say, surprised that she would allow Murphy to stay with such short notice. She nods.

"From that story, I don't want him in there any more than you do." I hug her tightly in reply. I cry almost incoherent thank yous and I love yous into her shoulder. She hugs me back and hushes me.

"You're welcome, sweetheart." She pulls away and scans my face. She smiles and ruffles my hair, standing up. "Get some rest, kiddo." She kisses my forehead before walking out and shutting my door. I rest my head in my hands, thinking about what to do next.

Murphy's POV

I have to get out of here. But I have no where to go. I sit on my bed, holding my head in my hands. I pull my hands away, blood running down my fingers. Shit. It's worse than I thought. I wince as I run my fingers through my hair, feeling a gash just behind my hairline. Again, another bottle had collided with my head, shattering and cutting me. I look around and pick up an old t-shirt, pressing it to the cut. I jump at the sound of my door opening. I look over and see my mother, holding a black duffel bag in her hands. She tosses it at my feet.

"Pack all your shit. I want you out of here by the end of the week." And with that she shuts the door and storms off. Well, now I definitely have to leave. I pick up the bag and start packing my stuff, throwing a few sweaters and t-shirts, a few pairs of jeans and my hat into it. I peel my drawings off my wall, putting them in a folder before carefully putting them in my bag as well. My notebook follows soon after, along with my collection of pencils, a few colored pencils and my janky eraser. I glance over at my guitar. Guess I'll just have to carry that everywhere. There's no way in hell I'm leaving it here. It took me three summers of working for tips and finding change on the ground to buy that thing. I toss in my leather jacket and a few of my beanies, tying the laces of my boots together and looping them around the strap of the bag. I zip the bag up, afraid everything might not fit. Thankfully, everything does...barely. I flop down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Where am I going to go? There's a shelter at the park. Maybe I can stay there.

***

I had spent the late hours of the night crying. I might as well get it out now so no one at school see them. My phone buzzes on the nightstand. I pick up and see it's a message from Bellamy. Why was he texting me this late?

Bellamy: Are you still awake?

Murphy: Yeah. Why are you still up?

Bellamy: I was thinking... about you.

Murphy: Oh really? Why would you think about me?

Bellamy: Are you ok? From earlier I mean?

Murphy: Oh yeah, I'm fine.

Murphy: Just a new cut on my forehead and being homeless now. How's your life going?

Bellamy: Murphy. I'm sorry if I caused that

Murphy: Don't worry about it. I already have my bag packed. I just have to find a place to go.

Bellamy: I'm taking you to school tomorrow. Bring your bag and whatever else. You can stay at my place

Murphy: Seriously? Bellamy you don't have to

Bellamy: I'm serious. I've already talked to my mom. You're staying at my house.

Murphy: Ok. Thanks Bell. :)

Bellamy: No problem Murph :)

I set my phone down, in shock of what just happened. Bellamy Blake wants to take my problematic ass in and take care of me. Can I fall any deeper in love?