Chapter 18 - What Does Gay Mean?

Murphy's POV

We all sit down for dinner, Octavia on my right, Bellamy on my left and Mrs. Blake sitting right in front of me. It was quiet for a while, then Octavia started telling her stories. What happened at school today, the dream she had last night. Anything at all, she had her story to share. If was entertaining, really. Watching her explain everything, so happy about it all. I'm glad she's happy. I'm glad she has a brother like Bellamy.

"Mommy! Murphy and Bellamy were having a tickle fight! Murphy saved me from tickle monster." She cheered, practically bouncing in her seat. Aurora smiled, giggling along with her little girl.

"That's great, sweetheart. I'm glad Murphy can protect you from the big, bad tickle monster." She teases, shooting a wink my way. I blush and smile at her.

"It was nothing, Mrs. Blake. Every princess needs knight." I respond, smiling at Octavia. She smiles back, nothing but joy on her face. We all chuckle, Bellamy putting a hand on my knee under the table. He gives it a reassuring squeeze, as if to say," You're doing great. They love you.", a smirk plastered on his face.

***

Bellamy and I slowly walk upstairs, being careful not to wake up Octavia or her mother. We has stayed up late watching movies and taking stupid pictures. It was fun, but we had gotten extremely tired from the late night foolery. We trudged into Bellamy's room, shutting the door quietly behind us. Good thing it's the weekend, or I'd sleep through school. I pull my shirt over my head, no longer caring is Bellamy saw my half-naked body. I unbutton my pants, but since they're so tight, I have some difficultly.

"Here. Let me help." I hear Bellamy say, before he pushes me onto the bed, getting on one knee in front of me. He smirks at me while he pulls the fabric from my legs. My breath hitches. He slowly stands up, pulling off his own shirt and leaning over me, placing a hand on either of me. My heart races. He leans down, his lips ghosting over mine. They trail down my jaw and up to my ear, blood pounding in my head.

"We should get some sleep." He whispers, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine. I nod, flustered and slightly turned on. He makes quick work of his pants, tossing them down next to his shirt. We crawl into bed, his arms locking around my waist, pulling me into his chest. He nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck, kissing it gently, sensually.

"Oh, the things you do to me, Bellamy Blake." I say, trying my best to hide the nervousness and desperation in my voice. He chuckles and kisses the back of my neck.

"I promise you, John Murphy. There will be plenty to come." He responds, pressing his bare chest to my back, holding me tightly. I soon fall asleep, having some not quite PG dreams about my one and only, Bellamy Blake.

***

The next morning I wake up, tangled up with Bellamy. I turn over to face him, scanning over his tan and freckled face. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. I reach up and brush his messy curls out of his face. His eyes flutter open and a sleepy smile forms on his lips.

"Morning." He says, his voice husky and sexy.

"Morning." I respond, giving him a lazy smile. He leans in, kissing me sweetly before sitting up and stretching arms above his head. I prop myself up on an elbow, watching the muscles in his back stretch and pull. He notices my staring, turning to face him.

"See something you like?" He asks, his signature smirk on his face.

"Yes. His name is Bellamy Blake." I shoot back, my own smirk forming. He leans in and kisses me again, a little rougher this time. He's gone almost as fast as he appeared. I whimper at the loss and he chuckles a little.

"There will be plenty of time for that later." He laughs, getting out of bed and walking to his closet, getting his clothes for the day. I reluctantly get out of bed and walk over to my drawer in his dresser, getting my own clothes. Without another word, we both walk out, heading to our respective bathroom for a much needed shower.

I walk out of the bathroom, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. I have grown extremely comfortable in this house as of the last couple weeks. I grab an apple from the bowl on the counter, saying my good mornings to Mrs. Blake and a sleepy Octavia.

"Murphy, can I talk to you in private?" She asks, throwing her dish towel over her shoulder. I nod and she leads me outside, standing the front steps.

"What's up, Mrs. Blake?" I ask, leaning up against the side of the house.

"I have been watching you and Bellamy for the past week or so couldn't help but notice how close you two are. I just have to ask; are you and my son involved in something more than a friendship?" She asks, looking into my eyes. I feel my throat go dry and my hands get clammy. I hesitate, trying form a reasonable answer for her, not knowing if she knows about Bellamy being gay or not. "It's alright, Murphy. Bellamy told me that he's gay, if that's what you're worried about."

"I-I... Uh... Yeah. Bellamy and I are dating. Have been for the past couple days. If you don't approve, I understand. I'll just tell Bellamy that it won't work." I blurt, not wanted her to react badly. She smiles, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No. I'm happy for you, Murphy. I'm glad my son has found someone who makes he happy. He's been in relationships before, but I've never seen him this happy with anyone." She takes my hand in hers, squeezing it reassuringly. I smile at her.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Blake. I'm glad Bellamy has you. I'm glad that you accept him for who he is. I wish my mother was as understanding as you." I respond. She pulls me into a hug, wrapping her arms around me. I return the gesture, hugging her tightly and burying my face in her shoulder.

***

Bellamy's POV

I walk downstairs, seeing a half-asleep Octavia sitting at the table. I can't help but smile at the sight.

"Morning, O. Where's Murphy?" I ask her, sitting at the table with her.

"Mom wanted to talk with him. They went outside." She responds, lazily sipping her orange juice. I nod and stand up, making my way to the fridge to make myself something to eat.

"Hey, big brother?" I hear Octavia say.

"Yes, O?" I responds, not looking away from the contents of the fridge.

"What does gay mean?" I quickly stand up, almost slamming the fridge door.

"Where did you hear that word?" I ask her, trying my best not to sound frantic and angry.

"The boys at school were calling each other it. What does it mean?" She asks, paying more attention to me now. I sigh, taking a deep breath.

"Well, that's very immature of them. What it means to be gay?.. Well, if a guy like-likes another guy, they would be considered gay." I say, trying my best to explain this in a way she'll understand.

"Oh. Like you and Murphy?" The air rushes from my lungs.

"What?"

"I saw you and Murphy kissing. You must like-like him if you were kissing him." She states, looking at me, unbothered.

"I-I mean, I guess you could put it that way."