8

Carmalita knew something was wrong when she tried to swim up.

Her legs wouldn't move.

At first she assume it was the current, but then she looked down.

Her legs were gone, replaced with a mermaid tail.

Since she could breathe underwater, only for ten minutes at a time, she gasped.

The tail was made up of purple scales, with a hot pink line going down it, fading into an orange and yellow tail fin.

Her hair was changed too. She grabbed one of her briads, running a thumb over one of the anchor hair accessories.

Well, that was new.

She suddenly remembered what had happened and frantically looked around for Uma.

When she spotted her, she was immediately concerned.

She wasn't moving. It didn't look like she was breathing either.

Carmalita swam over to her, quickly getting the hang of swimming without legs.

She attempted to shake her awake.

"Uma?,"

Talking was another thing they could do underwater.

When she didn't get a response out of her, Carmalita headed to the surface.

It was easier said than done. The current was even stronger than before, and she was running out of air.

Her lungs began to burn as she got closer and closer to the surface.

When she finally, finally broke the surface, her head was spinning because of the previous lack of oxygen.

She whipped aroun, looking for the dock while trying to keep Uma above water.

When she finally spotted the dock, it was a lot farther than she had thought it would be.

Fortunately, a small boat was currently approaching them.

When they got close enough, she could see who was on the boat. Harry, Porter, and Gil.

Harry grabbed Uma like she weighed nothing and cradled her in his lap.

He proceeded to perform CPR on her, doing it six time before she began to cough up water.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"Where's the triton?," Harry asked.

Carmalita's eyes widened.

She had completely forgotten about it when she saw Uma.

"I... I don't know, it must have sank somewhere. I'll-," Before she could finish her statment, there was a sudden clap of thunder.

All of their attention focused on the waters near the Isle, water as something quickly made their way to them.

"The blast from the triton earkier, broke the barrier," Porter said, not turning away from the purple and black mass.

"Then that means....,"

Ursula rose out of the water, her seawitch form larger than ever.

"Mummy's home~!,"

Word Count- 417.

I made it short to build up anticipation, lol.

I wasn't going to write Urslua in, but I figured it'll help me make the book last longer, lol.