Chapter 4

Scout didn't remember driving home, let alone walking to Sniper's van. He was completely out of it when he knocked on the door and fell headfirst into Sniper's arms. Sniper caught him, and helped him limp over to the couch. "Oh my god, Scout, are you alright?" He asked, concern taking over. Scout was trying very hard to say conscious and to keep his injuries hidden. It didn't last long. Sniper forced him to look up and his black eye was exposed. Snipers eyes grew wide with concern. "What happened?" Sniper asked. Scout shook his head. He couldn't seem to talk, the words just wouldn't come out. His vision was fading to black, and soon he couldn't see at all. And that's when Scout passed out...

Scout awoke to bright lights that burned his eyes and the scent of bleach. He didn't have to look around to know he was in the medbay. Scout took a breath in. He really hadn't intended on getting in so much trouble. He felt horrible for getting Sniper, and now Medic involved.

"Scout? Are you awake?" Medic asked.

Scout nodded slightly, sitting up. "Mhm," He hummed.

Medic nodded. "Heavy, go fetch Sniper, please?" He asked. Heavy nodded, exiting the room. Scout raised an eyebrow in question. Medic shurgged. "He wanted to be alerted the second you woke up." Medic explained, with a slight smirk.

Scout was definitely not prepared for the light blush that came to his face. Of course, it was the conveniently the one time he didn't have his hat on. "Oh, um, o-okay,"

Medic smirked at him again. It only last a second, before it was back to work for him. He flipped through pages on a clipboard.

"So, what happened?" Scout asked.

Medic glanced up at him, "I could be asking you the same question,"

Scout crossed his arms, "I got in a bar fight," He said.

Medic snorted, "Of course you did. But really, that makes sense, considering the amount of alcohol inside of you, and the injuries."

Scout nodded. Suddenly, the door opened, and in arrived Sniper and Heavy. "Are you okay?" Sniper asked, looking directly at Scout.

He flushed, "Y-yeah, yeah, i'm good, thanks," He mumbled, fidgeting with his hands. He needed to get a grip, he was blushing like a teenager.

Sniper nodded, standing there awkwardly. Medic looked between both of them, Clearing his throat, he began again, "Anyways, all of your injuries were very minor. It was mostly just bruises and cuts. Except your eye, which is still pretty blue. That will take a few days to recover. And for passing out, it could've been from the alcohol, the pain, or a hit to the head, or a combination of all three. But, you're okay." He concluded.

Scout nodded, taking it all in. Medic stared at him for a moment, and Scout took the hint that he was good to leave. He walked out with Sniper behind him. Without a word they walked out back to Sniper's camper van. Once they reached it, Sniper unlocked the door and opened it for Scout. Upon entering, Sniper put on a pot of coffee and grabbed Scout a bottle of water. They both sat down on the couch.

Scout finally spoke up, "What happened?" He asked.

Sniper looked over at him, grinning. He was waiting for Scout to ask. "Well, you knocked on my door, and I didn't even get a word out before you tumbled forward. I helped you limp over here and I asked if you were okay, and you just kinda passed out, and I could smell the alcohol on your breath, a-and I panicked, so I took you to Medic." Sniper explained.

Scout nodded. "I'm really sorry for, like, dying on ya," Scout said.

Sniper laughed. "It's alright, mate. But, really, what happened to you?"

Scout opened his mouth to speak, but closed it before he could talk. "Its, uh, a long story," He stuttered.

Sniper gave him an intrigued look, "I've got time,"

Scout sighed, "It's, it's just, it's kind of a big deal," Scout stuttered.

Sniper nodded, "It's alright if you don't wanna talk about it, mate." Sniper said.

Scout shook his head, "No, no, it's okay, it's just, it's like, a secret," He mumbled. He felt like everything he was saying was coming out wrong and dumb.

Sniper nodded. He got up to make his coffee. "Continue," He said from the kitchenette. Scout watched momentarily as he poured the coffee into the mug. Today was Teufort mug, probably from a gift shop or something. Sniper added a bit of creamer, and a teaspoon of sugar, stirring the contents together and taking a sip. Even though it appeared piping hot, Sniper drank it without a problem.

Scout thought about what to say and where to begin. Of course, he couldn't tell Sniper it all started because of him, but he would have to explain why he tried to snog a guy one way or another. Scout took a sip of water before clearing his throat and beginning, "Well, it all started because i've been thinking about something."

Sniper nodded, sipping his coffee. "Mhm, and what's that?" He asked, taking another sip.

Scout took a breath, it was now or never. "Well I started wondering if I liked guys or not." He replied, casually.

Sniper practically choked on his coffee, making Scout chuckle. "What?" Sniper questioned, looking over at him.

Scout nodded, "Yeah, I think i'm like, bisexual," He said.

Sniper nodded. "I guess this is a good time to mention that i'm, also, into guys."

Now it was Scouts turn to be shocked. "What?" He asked.

Sniper flushed, "Yeah, surprise. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just, I didn't know how," Sniper said.

Scout shook his head, "It's okay, I feel ya," He said.

Sniper nodded. He took a sip of coffee. "Okay, so, you were exploring your sexuality, where did a bloody nose come into play?" Sniper asked.

Scout laughed, "Well, I went to one of the bars in Teufort that's like, a gay bar, to experiment, but it didn't go as planned,"

Sniper snorted, "I can see that. What happened?"

Scout sighed, "Well, I was talking to this dude, and I thought he was into it. 'Cause like, who aint into this, y'know? But anyways I, ah, I went in for a kiss, gotta test the waters, and the dude, I guess he was really drunk, just starts hitting me." Scout explained.

Sniper took it all in, nodding and laughing. "Yeah, thats seems like something you would do."

Scout glared at him, but he was grinning, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Only you would try to be romantic with a guy and end up getting beat up," Sniper laughed.

Scout laughed. "Yeah, yeah, you're probably right," He said.

Sniper took another sip of his coffee. "So, what made you want to see if you liked guys or not?" He asked.

Scout flushed, "I, ah, I don't know, it just kinda hit me?" He said. Sniper must've picked up on the fact that he didn't want to talk about it. He nodded at Scout, leaving the issue be.

Sniper turned on the TV to some random show that was on. A comfortable silence filled the room as the show started. Sniper continued drinking his coffee, meanwhile Scouts mind drifted.

He looked over at Sniper, who didn't notice his staring, catching in more of his features. The way his smile broke out into laughter when someone on TV made a joke. It made Scout smile.

But everything was still hard to focus on. There was still a faint, throbbing pain in Scout's head and whatever medicine Medic have given him was making him drowsy. As the TV show continued, Scout leaned back and drifted off to sleep.

A/N: very dumb and cliché, I know, I just wanted them to have the chance to talk about sexuality sooooo ¯\_()_/¯
It's gonna get better I promise lol
Thanks for reading