Chapter 13

The music was playing fairly loudly, it was some band Scout liked. He was singing loudly overtop of the music and out of key. Not that he cared. He was only in his room, cleaning up since the room had become quite messy in the past few weeks.

Scout was dancing too, if you'd even call it that. He was just kind of swaying his hips back and forth and doing dramatic hand gestures. He kept singing loudly to himself in his bedroom, folding clothes and making a pile of dirty ones in a basket.

He continued on like that for a while until he heard a soft chuckle behind him. Scout whipped around to see who it was.

Sniper laughed. He was leaning against the door frame, hands in his pockets.

Scout flushed, crossing his arms over his chest. "How long have you been standing there?" He asked, somewhere between exasperated and horrified.

Sniper shurgged. "A song or two," He replied.

Scout glared at him and walked over to the record player and turned the volume down. He resumed his stance of crossed arms.

Sniper laughed again, and crossed the room over to him, shutting the door behind himself. He stood in front of Scout, who avoided his gaze.

Sniper put his hands on Scout's waist, holding him closely. "I thought you looked cute when you were singing and dancing," Sniper said in a low voice.

Scout reddened, "Thanks, I guess? I mean, that wasn't my quality singing or dancing," He joked.

"Mm, you'll have to show it to me sometime then," Sniper replied with a grin.

Scout rolled his eyes. "Gladly,"

A slower paced song began to play, which made both Scout and Sniper chuckle. Sniper swayed slightly, with his hands on Scouts waist still, to the beat of the song, flushing. Scout flushed too, and put his hands on Sniper's shoulders

They slow danced to the rest of the song, with flushed faces and lovesick grins. It made Scout heart beat faster, in a good way.

The song eventually ended, and Sniper let his arms dangle at his sides. Scout cupped Sniper's face with his hands and pulled his down to his level and kissed him. Sniper generously accepted, and they went at it until Scout was out of air and came back panting. He smirked at Sniper, who only blushed in return.

"You're a good dancer," Scout said, flushing.

Sniper smirked at him. "You're a good kisser," He replied.

Scout blushed. "Sniper," He gasped sarcastically, "are you flirting with me?"

Sniper laughed. "Maybe," He said. The upturn in his voice made it clear he was.

"Ah, well, at least i'm not a bad kisser, that'd be shame," Scout remarked.

Sniper snorted, "Sure would,"

***

Scout found himself leaning against the window of the shooting range with his art supplies scattered around. He was sketching something in his drawing journal while Sniper practiced with a new gun that Miss Pauling had supplied him with.

He wasn't doing that good. Well, he was going pretty fucking amazing in Scout's eyes, but to Sniper it's wasn't good enough. He sighed, reloading, and going again.

It was hard for Scout to draw, to focus, with the noise of the gunshot. It was unpredictable and still made him jump. And too top things off, Scout was still fairly exhausted, despite being able to sleep in.

He continued his doodles, nervously glancing at Sniper as he did so. Scout was drawing him, of course. He knew it was risky and that Sniper would probably ask him eventually what he was drawing, but he didn't care. He really wanted to be able to capture all the fine details of Sniper.