Chapter 5

Scout's eyes popped open at a sudden noise, but he didn't dare move. He glanced around, trying to remember where he was and how he got there. It suddenly hit him that he was still in Snipers van, no longer on the couch but now on the bed.

Scout listened in and realized he was simply hearing Sniper walking around, going about his day. He was humming some tune of a song Scout didn't recognized but it made him smile nonetheless. It was cute.

It was cute.

Scout flushed when the thought entered his mind. Thinking Sniper was cute was all kinds of wrong. Sniper was a killer, an assassin. He blew people's heads off. He threw his own piss at people, for christ's sake. The man should've been anything but cute in Scouts mind. But that didn't necessarily stop him.

Scout sat up, looking over at him. Sniper had his back to Scout, getting something out of the cupboard. He realized it was coffee and smiled to himself.

Sniper glanced behind him. "Ah, finally awake, sleepyhead?" Sniper teased.

Scout replied, flushing, "Yeah, sorry about that, you could've woken me up."

Sniper shrugged, "Didn't want to disturb you, that's all," He replied, pouring his morning coffee.

Scout smiled, "Well, thank you, I hardly sleep and I think that was the best sleep I've had in like, forever." He said.

"What do you mean?" Sniper asked, curious.

Scout shrugged, not wanting to talk about it much. "I, ah, sometimes I get nightmares from when I, y'know, died for a few minutes, back in Australia. They usually keep me from sleeping," Scout explained.

"Me too, mate. I died back there too, but Medic brought me back. I still think about it," Sniper mumbled. There was an odd silence, both of them wanting to say more but neither of them doing so.

Scout yawned. He glanced at the alarm clock. 10:00. He felt his heart skip a beat before realizing it was Saturday, and there was no fighting BLU team. He internally sighed.

"So, got any plans?" Scout asked.

Sniper shrugged. "I was gonna head into town for groceries but I reckon that's not what you meant by plans," Sniper said.

Scout chuckled, "Not exactly, but can I come?"

Sniper looked at him. "Why? Don't you have fun things to do?" He asked.

Scout laughed. "Nah, i'd rather hang out with you, Snipes,"

Sniper flushed. "Well, alright, I'll be going in a bit, so pull yourself out if bed,"

Scout nodded, finally getting up. It took him just a few minutes to make himself someone presentable. Sniper and Scout got into Snipers van and headed off into Teufort.

It wasn't that long of a drive, but they didn't exactly live in town. It was a good 20 minute drive. Sniper turned on the radio, playing some random radio station.

Scout decided to test the waters with Sniper. "So, I had this thought when I woke up," he began.

"Mhm, and what's that?" Sniper hummed.

Scout grinned. "If I fell asleep in your couch, how did I end up in your bed?" He teased.

Sniper flushed. "I, kinda, had to carry you," He said sheepishly.

Scout smirked. "Did you sleep there with me?" He asked.

Sniper flushed again, keeping his eyes on the road. "No, I slept on the couch," He hissed. Scout grinned. He leaned back, accomplished at making Sniper get flustered. Sniper continued staring at road, which was probably good, but he was still defiantly embarrassed.