Chapter 15

nsfw warning
it's not that bad,,, but it's a little,,,, yknow,,,

Scout didn't know what to expect when Sniper pulled into the campground on a Friday evening, but he was excited. The two of them had decided to go out and do something, and Sniper suggested camping. Scout hesitantly agreed, since he had never been camping before, which led to them leaving the second work ended to allow time for the long drive.

Sniper said a few things to the receptionist, if you'd even call her that, before proceeding ahead and taking a right on the path. They drove down a little ways and Sniper pulled into a lot, the one that he had reserved.

Scout got out first, antsy to get on his feet. Sniper soon followed, chuckling to himself. "So, this is it," Sniper said, clapping his hands together.

"It's good," Scout said, "What do we do now?" He asked.

Sniper shrugged, "I dunno, whatever we want I guess." Sniper pulled the picnic table up to the fire pit more and got some wood to start a fire.

Scout helped him, but he wasn't really sure what to do. He mostly just gathered stick for kindle to start the fire. Sniper got it started while Scout sat and watched. He was amazed at how easily it ignited.

Sniper sat down beside Scout. "There we go, got a nice fire started," He remarked.

Scout smiled. "Yeah nice job. Kinda impressed,"

"Only kinda?" Sniper teased.

"Yeah," Scout said, crossing his arms, "It'll take more than a fire to impress me,"

Sniper chuckled. Scout smiled too, and stared at the fire. "So, I got something that we can do," Scout said.

Sniper raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah, like what?"

"So y'know how the other day you taught me sniping?" Scout asked.

"Mhm," Sniper replied.

"Well I was thinking I could teach you something I love to do. And the first thing that came to my mind: baseball," Scout explained.

Sniper shook his head, "Scout, I'm not exactly the sporty type," He said.

"Pssh, it's okay, I wasn't either, I'll show ya how," Scout said. He got up and walked inside the camper, picking up his bag with the bat, ball, and mitten. "Now, I can show you pitching, or batting. Or both," Scout said. He suddenly dropped the bag, "Wait! I got just the thing for this," He said, before running back into the camper.

Leaving Sniper to his own thoughts, he tried his best to remain calm. He repeatedly reminded himself the Scout would never laugh at him or belittle him just because he wasn't good at sports. They would still have a good time.

Scout came out in a Red Sox jersey and baseball cap, grinning from ear to ear. Sniper rolled his eyes but he had to laugh. Scout looked so proud of himself. "I knew this would come in handy," He said. Scout walked over to the bag, "As I was saying, I can teach you both, so let's go!" He said.

Sniper complied, and followed Scout to a more open area. Thankfully, the campground was fairly vacant, and no one was in sight. Okay, so maybe Sniper bought all the surrounding lots so no one would interrupt them, but Scout doesn't need to know that. Besides he didn't need to know,  what're you gonna gain from it?

Scout took the items out of the bag and set them in the grass. He picked up the bat and the ball. "Yknow, when I was younger, I was on the team. School team of course," Scout said.

"Yeah?" Sniper asked

"Yeah, I was the batter," He said, grinning to himself. He threw the ball into the air and swung the bat. He hit it and the ball went flying.