Chapter 7

Monday's were never good, especially when you don't have a lot of sleep and you have a lot on your mind. Scout was very distracted on the battlefield today, and that brought the entire team's performance down. He didn't want to coast his teammates a win so Scout decided to bite the bullet and talk to some "experts" on how he was feeling.

And by experts he meant Heavy and Medic. Probably, the worst people to talk too about feelings, but Scout wasn't sure if he could trust the others with this information.

It wasn't exactly a secret that Heavy and Medic were...together? Dating? Even Scout wasn't quite sure. But he knew well enough to know they were more than just friends. And he figured maybe they could help him.

Scout knocked on the door to the medical center when Medic and Heavy were often at. It was private, for the most part, which was good. Scout didn't want the other guys to know he had, like, feelings, or something. Scout heard a muffled "come in" and went inside the large room.

It was brightly lit up, as usual. Medic sat atop of of the tables and Heavy leaned over him slightly. Medic glanced in Scouts direction, eyeing him up. "What do you want?"

Scout didn't know where to begin, and he was suddenly getting second thoughts. Maybe he had better keep this to himself. "I, ah, um, nevermind, I'll just–"

Medic turned to face him, suddenly giving off a much more sympathetic vibe. "What is it, Scout?"

Scout fidgeted slightly. "I, just, I had some questions...." He stuttered.

Medic and Heavy glanced at each other, sharing a knowing look. Medic smiled warmly at Scout, in a supportive way. "What are your questions? Me and Heavy are happy to help," He said.

Somehow he always knew what people were thinking. Scout glanced between them before blurring out the question, "Are you two dating?"

Medic and Heavy flushed, looking at each other. Medic finally turned back to Scout, shrugging, but nodding. "It's private, but yes, we're together nonetheless," Medic answered.

Scout nodded, "And...and how did you know...that you..." His voice trailed off.

"I have always known I liked doktor," Heavy said.

Medic smiled, "Me too," He murmured, which was more directed at Heavy than Scout. He turned his attentions back to him, "But, I have always known I liked men," Medic concluded.

Scout nodded. "Is it okay...for me to like both?" He asked. The fear that had come with thinking he liked both guys and girls was overwhelming and Scout wasn't sure if it was normal.

Medic nodded, "Of course, there are plenty of people who liked both,"

Scout nodded, feeling better. "H-how do I tell someone, a guy, that I like them?" Scout asked. He avoided eye contact, to embarrassed to look either of them in the eyes.

Medic shrugged but Heavy spoke up, "Just speak from heart." He said simply.

Scout nodded. "Thank you, both of you, for, ah, listening to me," Scout stuttered, not sure what else to say.

Heavy and Medic nodded as Scout made his way back to the door.

"And Scout?" Medic called.

"Yeah?" Scout replied.

Medic smirked, "Tell Sniper we said hello."

Scout reddened and left the room.

***

Although Scout had been given advice, he still felt lost. The next day at work was proving to be a challenge. Being shot at, blown up, and backstabbed wasn't helping. Almost every time Scout stepped foot across the bridge in Teufort, he was being killed by a BLU enemy. The day was not going well. Scout would've much rather been anywhere else, preferably Badwater, but he would've even taken Coldfront thought he hated the cold. However, today was just simply Teufort, and Scout had to deal with that.