Table Manners

CHAPTER 35- TABLE MANNERS

We stare at each other as I've had the time of my life by Jennifer Warned comes on.

I heard Tanya release a squeal in delight as Al spins her.

She returns to him her back against his front and her hand in his hair. He runs his hand down her arm towards her waist before holding her other hand. She places the hand that is in his hair into his free hand as the music starts and smiles. She dances against him as the instrumental part plays out.

I've been waiting for so long now I've finally found someone to stand by me...

He spins her out and pulls her in and they stepped to the beat mimicking a few moves from the movie. Spins, twirls and the dirty dancing they insert into the routine make it look hilarious and artistic at the same time.

I turn and watch them smiling. Johnattan stands behind me hands on my waist as we rock against each other.

So I tell you something.

This could be love.

Tanya dances to the other side of the room and runs up to Al who lifts her. She hooks her right leg on his shoulder, the other now on the ground and he slowly pulls her across the room. Her leg finds the ground as he spins her. She stops spinning to stand in front him. He holds her waist and lifts her giving her a little altitude. He catches her and she poses as if she is lying on a bed as Al's arm holds her legs and the other wraps around her breasts.

I clap as he places her on her feet as did the audience. They bow and smile at each other before giving each other a small kiss.

Johnattan takes my hand as we all walk back to the table and order something to eat.

"Wow, you're a wonderful dancer Tanya," I say as I stare at her with fascination.

"Thank you Chrissie," she blushes.

I hear someone clear their throat and I look at Alexander.

"And you too Al," I say a bit embarrassed that I forgot him.

"It's OK, I'm use to my wife stealing all the attention," he says as he looks over at her with admiration.

"Oh, don't worry honey, you'll have my undivided attention tonight. Every single part of your body," she says as she holds his hand and winks.

"You know that you have bad Table Manners," teases Johnattan. "And I would like to keep images of you two humping out of my head so keep your suggestive statements to yourself."

"Oh you won't be thinking of us. Not with Christina here to ensure that," she says with a smirk.

My cheeks turn red with a blush and I try to keep my eyes off of Johnattan's face.

"You're probably right," he replies and I clear my throat.

"Wait, is our Johnattan restraining from sex with this one?" Tanya asks in a voice of disbelief.

No. No he isn't.

"I–"

"Your meal," the waiters say as they arrive at our table.

I breathe a breath of relief as they serve us. That cut right through the awkward conversation we were having.

This one?

Why would she say this one? Has there been others here before me or has she just met a few flings from the past?

I look at the escovitch fish in front of me and my mouth waters. There are pieces of fish in the plate covered in onions, carrots and other seasonings and next to it is a plate of golden fried flour called festival by the Jamaican people.