Some People Never Learn

Here's the first chapter of book two in Ella Bass' life. I can't thank you all enough for all the support and love I've received especially in the past month. I never thought I would have completed book one, let alone start the second book. Enjoy the drama doesn't take long to start.

__________________________________
Welcome back Upper East Siders. After a long hot summer away, I see it didn't take much time for you to dirty up the clean slates I gave you. My inbox is overflowing, so let's get to the good stuff, shall we? Spotted Chuck Bass up to his old tricks. Poor B. I guess nothing good lasts forever. As for a certain leggy blonde by a Hamptons, pool looks like Serena left big shoes to fill and someone finds them the perfect fit. And what about Ella? Well, she turned her scandal and made it into a career. That's right, Ella Bass is one of the youngest Sports Illustrated models and she's just getting started. Rumor has it she's embarking on a movie career. As for Serena van der Woodsen, you left America a star. But after you exploits in Europe you've come back a supernova. And nothing explodes without a fuse. I wonder what or who lit yours.

__________________________________
"So, uh, Jenny'll take Eric's room. With Chuck at the Palace, Eric will take his room. Ella still has hers for when she has business on this side of town."

"Oh, sweet! Thank you, I didn't want to sleep until Chuck's dirty girl scout painting."

"Oh, and uh, Dan."

"Yeah, I will uh thankfully be back home in Brooklyn."

"And when Lily gets back we'll join you." Vanya calls for my dad to help him with some packages.

"Oh, what are you doing?" I notice Jenny and Eric acting suspiciously out of character.

"Recycling?"Jenny slams down what she was looking out quickly.

"What?" I notice the magazine in her hands and to my surprise, Serena's face is plastered all over it.

"Whoa, whoa. Oh, my...god!"

"Uh, it-it's not what you think."

"So, much for eat, pray, love. Well, you know, I guess she got the love part right."

"You can't say anything. Promise. Dan?" I turn to the next page and there is Ella wearing barely anything.

"OH, my is that Ella?" Jenny takes it from me and her and Eric examine the photo.

"Didn't you hear? She's a rookie for Sports Illustrated. When she told the world that she posed for Playboy her phone wouldn't stop ringing. It's one of the reasons she's been gone all summer." Jenny says nonchalantly.

"I just uh..."

"Dan, it's okay to admit you have the hot's for Ella. We know you've had only eyes for Serena since forever." Eric and Jenny love teasing me how I might have a mild crush on Ella. I've seen her face all over the city on billboards and covers, but this is something I've never seen her like.