Who's Still Acting Like a Child?

Thank you, all for the wonderful response to the new book! I can't wait for you all to see what I have planned. Enjoy.

__________________________________
Thankfully classes started and I continued my busy life putting the Serena and Carter drama behind me. Well, that is until I must see at the family art auction. I keep telling myself to be the better person and just forgive Serena for being a child, but the inner bitch in me is telling me not to. Sadly, the bitch lost and I decided when I see Serena I would be the better person and get over her running Chuck's business deal. He's not as mad about it so I should let it go. Besides I have bigger things to worry about than Serena's childish ways.

__________________________________
After posing for a few photos I made my way into the auction. I immediately make my way to the food table hoping to avoid everyone since no one in this town likes to eat at these events. It just means more food for me.

"Ella, hey!" I turn around with my mouth latched around my sandwich to see Dan

"Ella, hey!" I turn around with my mouth latched around my sandwich to see Dan. I quickly chew before greeting him.

"Dan, hey. How's N.Y.U treating you?"

"It's amazing. I've meet and talked with more people there than I ever did at St. Jude's. What about you how's Columbia?"

"I'm happy to hear that you've found your niche. Columbia is great. Haven't made as many friends as you have, but that would mean I would have to stay on campus more than just for my classes."

"I'm surprised you have time to even go to class with you running a billionaire dollar business and a successful modeling career."

"Can't have it all, right?"  I've never felt more accomplished than I have now, but I'm also the most alone I've ever been. The many times Bart left Chuck and I never amounted to the emptiness I'm feeling now. I'm working myself so hard and only feel a momentary of happiness. Is this what my life is going to be like? Am I going to be alone because I want to have it all?

"Hey, if you need to talk to anyone about things, I'm not that far away. You're always welcomed at the loft if you want to get away from your busy life." I smile knowing that Dan no matter how misguided some of his judgments are of people, he does have a heart of gold.

"I'd like that."

"Hey, I'll see you around I need to talk to my dad about something." Dan leaves in a hurry and I go back to enjoying my sandwich.

__________________________________
On my way to the bar I come across Blair, Chuck, and Serena chatting with each other.

"3 Bottle of '95 Dom on his hotel room service bill. One of your favorites if I recall."

"So, we started a stealth campaign to destroy his credibility. The room service bill, the girl on the street."

"The warrant."