Mystery Woman

I never believed that Elizabeth was Chuck's mom. Thank you, for all the feedback and enjoy.

Chuck asked me to accompany him to some jeweler, he assured me it wasn't for Blair, but he would explain on the way. It must be something serious if he isn't going to Blair for help.

"Hello, brother." I kiss his cheek as he helps me into the limo. "Why must we go to this specific jeweler?" I ask as the limo proceeds to the destination. Chuck doesn't say anything but hands over a locket. I take it and examine it seeing the beautiful engraved E on it and on the inside, there was a picture of Bart. "What's this?"

"That's what we're going to find out." Chuck took a deep breath before continuing. "The other night I visited father's grave."

"Why didn't you tell me, I would have gone with you for support." I grab his hand seeing how upset he is right now. He squeezes back.

"I needed to do it alone and when I arrived there was this woman who was crying over his grave. I thought it was Lily, but when I called her name she didn't answer. When she looked at me I didn't recognize her but she knew my name." This was strange why would a random woman be crying over Bart's grave. "Ella, she laid down yellow roses." My heart stopped. I knew where Chuck was going with this.

"Mother's favorites." He nods. "What do you think that means?"

"It can't be a coincidence that she knew our mother's favorite flowers and my name. The locket has an engraved E and we know our mother's name was Evelyn. And why would a stranger have our father's photo in a locket if it didn't mean something."

"Are you proposing that the stranger you met last night knows our mother or are you saying she is our mother?" Chuck's face hardens and I can see he's given this a lot of thought.

"I don't know what to think, but I'm hoping the jeweler can give us some answers." The limo stops and we prepare ourselves for the truth. Would Bart lie to us all our lives and make us believe that at birth we killed our own mother.

__________________________________
"It's my work, all right."

"Do you remember who you sold this one to?" Chuck asks the jeweler.

"The pictures right there, Bart Bass." Well, this is getting us nowhere.

"How about who he bought it for?" I ask hoping this will lead us somewhere.

"Mr. Bass kept the recipients of his purchases private. But a woman did bring this one to repair the hinge about a month ago." He hands the locket back to us.

"The woman, early 40's, brown hair, brown eyes?" The jeweler is apprehensive to say anything else to us. Chuck reaches into his jacket. "Look, we would be very grateful if you could share any other information you may have." He lays down a wad of cash in front of the man.

"I'm sorry. Client confidentiality."

"Our father was the original client." I state and the man's face changes hearing this.

"Please, this is all my sister and I have left of him." Chuck pleads. The jeweler searches through some paperwork and pulls out a card.

"Elizabeth Fisher. She paid in cash, but she had it delivered." He hands over the card to us and we see the address of her last address. Maybe we will get some answers after all.

"Thank you." I take Chuck's hand and we head back to the car ready to find more information about this Elizabeth Fisher.

__________________________________
Chuck was going to do more research on Elizabeth while I met Serena and Blair for lunch. Chuck told me he would like to keep this just between us not wanting anyone else to get involved. I agreed. This is too personal and important to share with anyone yet. We need to know the facts before anyone else can find out. I make it to lunch on time to see only Blair waiting at the table.