Betrayal

Samantha was devastated by what she saw. Jeffrey and Samuel were holding hands while crying. But the principal pulled their hands apart in anger. Both Samuel and Jeffrey were in tears. What's going on?

Samantha ran back to Tom with a shocked face. Tom paused his eating and looked over to Sam, who had just sat down on their table.

"What's wrong?! Is everything okay?" Tom said after he dropped down his book. " It's about Samuel and Jeffrey!" " They are at the office crying! Principal Adams is just tearing them apart.." Samantha said almost screaming.

A few students looked at her and walked away. Tom was in the state of confusion. "What? Why?" Tom asked waiting for an answer. "I don't know why. He seemed angry with those two." Samantha said with a calmer voice.

"We need to carry on or we'll look suspicious." Tom said whispering. "We can't act like fools and shout everywhere. They'll notice us." Tom said with a more angry voice.

"I'm just worried about them." Samantha said, teary faced. "It's fine. Whatever it is it must be something about grades or failing something."
"But why them?" Samantha asked. " I-I don't know." Tom said while stuttering.

After lunch, they both headed on to their classes. It was 2 horrid hours. Samantha just wanted to come back home and watch the old television with Marcy.

After her school, she was biking home. She saw Samuel walking home. She went past him but biked back to him.

"Hey Samuel.." Samantha said in a soft voice. Samuel didn't say a thing. He just continued walking. "Are you gonna speak?" Samantha asked. "I just need to say one thing." Samuel said with a serious voice.

"Me and Jeffrey are over. Turns out I never liked him. He just wasn't compatible for me. I should just stop and just.." He paused for a moment. " And just?" Samantha tried to continue what he was saying. "And just have an interest in females."

Samantha gasped. "What?! You liked Jeffrey ever since the start of high school! You like him, Samuel! You can't just all of a sudden break up with him and change your likes!" Samantha shouted.

"I have also think we should stop this mystery. I don't think we can be friends anymore." Samuel said, walking away from her while she was silent.

"Samuel, what has gotten into you? You were not the person I met in grade school. You are different. Everything in my whole damn life is changing!" Samantha shouted with tears coming out of her eyes.

Samuel didn't even bother to care. He just continued to walk without a care in the world.

Samantha biked home in tears. She lost a friend. She cared about Samuel and Jeffrey's relationship. She still supported him when he confessed to her that he was gay. She can't focus any longer.

Samantha arrived home running straight to her room. Once she entered she was face down on her pillow and sobbed till dinner time. She never spoke a word to neither Marcy nor her mom.

As she walked down the stairs for dinner, Marcy went straight to her and gave her a five-second hug.

Samantha was silent and hugged back too. "Please don't be sad, Sammy." Samantha had let down a tear from her eye.

"Let's go down and eat, Marcy." Samantha said with a soft voice. She greeted her mom before dinner and walked to her spot at the table.

"Is everything okay, Honey?" Her mom asked her. She knew she shouldn't tell yet. So she kept quiet. " It's fine." Samantha said. Her mom placed her steak at her placed and poured some gravy and placed her mashed potatoes at the side. "It looks tasty." Samantha said with a smile. "That's my girl" Her mom said while cutting her steak.

She squished Samantha's cheek happily. Should I tell her? She was scared for the future again. She knew the next day would be different. She knew that everyone will change and leave her like Samuel did.

But she doesn't want her mom being disappointed in her for keeping her from knowing the truth.

Marcy and mom ate happily. While Samantha was close to biting her finger nails. I need to stop worrying.

End it all.