Trick

Tom was like a deserted man. He waited for Samantha for days. He still hasn't thought of a plan.

Think, Tom. Think, Think, Think! Tom kept slapping himself to think of a useful plan. She's in danger. I need to go to her. I need to save her! Tom needed an idea so badly.

While Tom was just thinking, he heard something

Knock knock

He got up silently. He didn't know if it was the principal or someone else. He kept cautious. Until he heard a voice so familiar.

"Tom? Is that you?" It was Samantha's voice. Tom instantly ran to the door with excitement like a dog coming up to its owner. He opened it to find Samantha in front of him. She seemed a little different. But Tom didn't mind it. "We need to go, now!" Samantha grabbed Tom's hand and headed to the main doors of the school

As soon as they reached the school main doors, Samantha let go of Tom's hand and walked ahead of him in a calm matter. "Tom?" Samantha asked him. "Yes?" Tom replied. "Do you know where's the book you showed me days ago?" Tom was confused. "Y-yes.." He replied softly. He brought out the book out of his bag.

"I-i'm so sorry." Samantha turned back to him, bringing out the same syringe the principal used on her. Tom stepped back a bit. He gestured his hands in a way that meant she was crazy.

Samantha ran towards him and stabbed him with the syringe. He slowly fell down to the ground with his eyes slowly closing. His sight slowly faded away into darkness. Am I dead?

Samantha carried Tom's unconscious body to the murder room. She dropped his body to the dark, dusty room.

Tom was just dreaming of his mother. His dad meant nothing to him. His mother was killed by an anonymous group. She got involved with the mafia so Tom never seen her on weekends. She'd always arrive late for supper or arrive at 1AM.

Tom's father was on a business trip. He never returned until now. He never knew if he was dead or alive. Tom just waited. He waited for 3 years, but he never returned. Tom's love for his father turned to hatred. He waited and waited. He never seemed to return to this day.

"Wake up, Tom."

Tom woke up in the same dark room Samantha was in. He recognized the room so much. He turned around to find a gun pointed to his head.

"At last. We finally found the last student who has the book. Now, since we have the book, what's the point in having you here?" The principal aimed the gun towards Tom's head.

He held the gun with his right hand and the book at his left hand. He clicked the gun ready to shoot him.

Tom was shaking. Is this it? Am I gonna die a coward?

When he pulled the trigger, Samantha ran in front of him, taking the bullet. Tom screamed in agony. "NO! SAMANTHA!" Tom broke out of the chains pulling him to the chair.

Tom broke out the strongest punch he had with the last of his strength. The principal got knocked out with his nose bleeding. "You moron!" The principal shouted. He ran to get his revolver to shoot him. Tom tackled him. He picked up the gun while trying to pin the principal down.

"BANG!"

A gun shot the principal through his head. Two corpses lie before him. Blood in his hands.

Tom's last memory of Samantha alive was her twitching her index finger. "W-why? WHY?" Tom yelled as loud as he could. He never felt something so traumatizing until this moment. She was his only friend.

He walked out of the room, trying to find a pay phone. He eventually found one. He ringed the police. Tom has no one left in his world. He has no one to talk to, no one to think of as a sister and no one to love.

The police eventually arrived. The ambulance as well. The nurses wiped the blood off of him. The police took him in for questioning. He was close to being charged for murder. The last time he saw Samantha was when her corpse was brought in the ambulance.

He eventually got out. He arrived at his empty home. He pushed off all of the photos of his parents and his friends.

"What am I gonna do now? WHAT?" Tom curled into a ball. Full of tears, he knew what to do. "If I'm gonna live this hell then, there's only one way to live happily." Tom went to the kitchen, struggling to walk properly. He pulled the drawer open.

He paused for a moment. He brought out a pencil and paper. "This'll be my last message." Tom wrote a letter to anyone who found him.

He then went back to the kitchen. He opened the drawer to find a knife. He pulled up his sleeve. Ready to aim the knife.

"Goodbye, world. It was hell." Tom said for his last words.

"At least I can die knowing I can see her again."