Team-Bonding

"In your dorms in 5 minutes, cadets!" The commander yelled, before leaving the room.

Lance and Hunk stealthily turned the corner, attempting to not be noticed.

"We shouldn't be doing this, we shouldn't even be out here. I have a nice, warm bed waiting for me, back at my dorm!" Hunk whispered loudly to the Cuban boy next to him.

"You heard Commander Iverson, we need some, team bonding," Lance said, his smile resembling one of the Chesire Cat.

"We round up Pidge and (Y/N), grab a night on the town, maybe make (Y/N) jelly by flirting it up with some single ladies," he glanced at Hunk with a slight smirk that laid in the corner of his face.

"I'm laying down all the facts on the table, and the one fact is that, this, is a bad idea," Hunk groaned, his voice had a anxious tone.

Before he could continue his rant, the lights in the room turned off, leaving just Lance, Hunk, and the dark. Checking before he went, Lance lunged to the next hall, Hunk tip-toeing behind. They continued to crouch, as to not be seen.

"For a student, in the space exploration program at that, you don't have much sense for adventure, now (Y/N), that's a different story. That girl chooses dare every time, that's one of the things I love about her," he continued on about you before he came to a halt. They could hear the pattering of footsteps.

"Someone's coming," Lance said. He looked around for something to hide behind.

"There!" Hunk pointed. There, behind his finger laid two trashcans. Without thinking Lance jumped into one, Hunk following his lead. After the person passed, they jumped out, continuing the search for their two friends.

They looked ahead of the hall, seeing a door being swung open. Quietly, someone stepped out.

"Pidge?" Hunk yelped.

"Where is he going?" Lance questioned.

"It looks like he's going to the roof," Hunk said as they quietly followed a jogging Pidge.

"You go get him, I'll get (Y/N), good?" Lance said.

"Good, I guess, like I said, I still don't wanna do this" Hunk said, before reluctantly running to the roof.

You were putting on your pajamas before you heard a quiet knock on your door.

"Hey, it's me, Lance, open up," you heard the voice behind the door whisper.

You sighed as you dragged yourself to the door in a sweatshirt and pajama shorts. You opened the door with caution.

"What do you want at ten o'clock at night?" You asked annoyed.

"No time, come on" the brown haired boy panted. He quickly grabbed your hand and dragged you to the roof.

Once you got to the roof, you snatched your hand away from the boy's grasp.

"Is this a kidnapping? Or is this a dream? Definitely not the weirdest one I've had," you said, you yawned as you rubbed your (E/C) orbs.

"I thought we could go for some, team-bonding," Lance chuckled, before you both continued walking over to the large man hunched over the smaller one.

You peeked over Pidge, who was Indian style on the ground. He was typing away on the laptop with little gadgets surrounding him. They ranged from satellites, to boxes, to antique, portable radios. He was silent, with a pair of green headphones laid over his short, dirty-blonde hair.

Lance slowly grabbed the headphones away and crept toward his ear.

"So, you came up here to rock out?" Lance said slickly, causing Pidge to jump and yelp from fright. He looked around to see you, Lance, and Hunk staring.

"Lance, Hunk, (Y/N), I-I was just, looking at the stars, yeah the stars are, super pretty," he spoke super fast, and had trouble coming up with an excuse for being on the roof.

"Where did all this come from, it doesn't have the Garrison Tech logo on it?" You question, looking at all the equipment laid out in front of your feet.

"I made it," Pidge said proudly, as he looked at you all. You all look shocked.

"Really, ALL of this?" You asked, you were really surprised that you had someone smart enough on your team who could make their own electronic devices.

"Yep, it can scan all the way to the edge of the solar system," he smirked, smacking Hunk's hand as he tried touching the laptop.

"Really, all the way to Kerberos, perhaps?" Lance questioned, placing his hand on his chin.

"You freeze every time an instructor brings it up, what's up?" You asked. "You flipped out, and almost got Lance suspended because he's our pilot and has to take responsibly for his team's actions!" You were curious why Pidge was so secretive, it made you irritated. "If we're here to bond as a team, then you CAN'T keep secrets," you folded your arms and waited for Pidge's response.

He groaned and looked over his shoulder. "The world as we know it, is about to change," he quietly said. "The Kerberos mission wasn't failed because of the crew or any malfunctions. My systems have been scanning, alien radio chatter."

You and Lance stood unimpressed, while Hunk's eyes grew large.

"Aliens!" Hunk yelped, on the verge of fainting.

"So you've, actually, lost your marbles?," you question, Lance nodded after your snarky comment.

"I swear, I'm not making this up, and they keep repeating one word, "Voltron"," Pidge grabbed a  yellow notepad, that had voltron written several times. "Tonight, is the most I've ever heard it said," Pidge exclaimed.

"How crazy is this exactly?" You asked.

Before Pidge could continue, a bell screeched throughout the area. Commander Iverson soon came over the loud speaker.

"This is not a drill, everyone stay in your dorms, this is officially a lockdown!"

You all looked at each other with eyes as large as the Nile River. Hunk looked over to see a large, red item hurtling towards you.

Is that a-a meteor?" Hunk pointed as his finger trembled.

Pidge grabbed his binoculars, "that's, a ship, but it's not ours,"

You all looked in amazement. A real, alien ship. You watched as it crashed landed.

"We HAVE to see that ship!" You exclaimed as you began running towards the alien's shuttle. Pidge and Lance dragging Hunk along.

You soon ended at a cliff that was in perfect eyesight of the aircraft. You grabbed binoculars and looked at the outside of the ship.

"What is that?" Lance questioned before you saw a female walk outside the doors. "Oh, who is that" Lance whistled, which earned himself a slap on the side of the head.

"Guys, I was able to get the cameras feed from inside the shuttle, take a look," Pidge stated, turning his laptop screen towards you all.

You were shown a man on a large, grey table, strapped down by three men in quarantine outfits, they were trying to show peace while the man on the table continued to yell.

Lance then pointed something out, "Is that-" he was cut off by your realization.

"Shiro. The pilot of the Kerberos mission."