The Dead are Living

You saw him. He was in right in front of you. His eyes pierced into yours as he chased towards you. Your heart begged your legs to stop, it begged Meriuiam to let go of your arms, and run into his, but your brain spoke otherwise.

"Mind over matter," you whimpered to yourself as he screamed your name in agony. You had to find a way to make him forget you. You were trouble, and couldn't let a person like him get caught up in your drama. The only way he could forget you, is if you broke his heart, before he broke yours. You'd hurt him once before, when you pulled away from his kiss. This had to be what would make him leave, yet, there was still a part of you that begged that he would continue to stay. Even though this was an unfair thought, it was still a thought none the less. You continued to run with Meriuiam, repetitively checking behind to ensure that Keith couldn't see where you were going, or anyone for that matter. You were behind a dumpster before you stopped your feet. The alien gave you a confused look.

"Why'd you stop?" She questioned.

"Because I have absolutely no idea where you're taking me!" You loudly whispered. She put her finger over her mouth to indicate a quieter tone of voice.

"I'm taking you somewhere where you'll be safe."

"I was safe on my own," you huffed. She suddenly grabbed your arm, lifting the sleeve again.

"This is safe to you?" She asked as she shook your arm. You were slightly taken back, but she was right. How were you safe, when all of these things just appeared all over your body, for all you know you could be dying. "If you know what's best for you, you'll listen to me," she emphasised before running with you once more. You finally made it to a small door that was hidden behind multiple boxes.

"What is this, a meth lab?" You scrunched your nose.

"What's that?" She asked, her ears become floppy at the point. You let out a small laugh.

"It's nothing, just, explain what this is," you shrugged.

"I'm like the Princess Protection Program, expect for with aliens and humans who came to space," she answered as she opened the door, lowering her head so she wouldn't smack the ceiling. You followed closely behind, checking once or twice behind you before closing the door.

"Oh, so does that mean you're certified?" You queried.

"Well, not exactly," she inhaled.

"So, for all I know, you could be kidnapping me?" You scoffed as you continued to crawl behind.

"Well, when you say it that way, it sounds like I'm doing a bad thing," she snickered. She suddenly stopped and turned to face you. "Welcome to my home," she smiled as she opened a door that led to a fairly nice living space. You picked yourself up and looked around.

"Why do you keep yourself hidden?" You asked as you felt comfortable enough to remove your hood.

"So that people like you don't feel unsafe," she responded as she removed her shoes.

"People like me? What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know, people who are in danger," she whispered the last three words before gesturing for you to take a seat.

"You still haven't explained any of this to me," you rolled your eyes. "All I'm asking here is, how do you know (B/N)?" You asked in a pushy tone.

"Because he was one of the people who seeked my assistance," she responded as she placed her hand in your lap in a comforting matter.

"That's impossible, he died," you remarked. Now she had to be playing games with you.

"Sweetie no, he's still alive," she spoke in a questioning voice.

"No, he's not, there was video evidence of his death," you retaliated as you stood to process her words.

"There was video evidence of explosion, but not of his death."

"They're the same thing! His shuttle exploded!"

"No they're not, the station couldn't explain his disappearance, especially to his family, so they faked his death," she explained. How was this possible? They said your brother was dead. Everyone loved (B/N), how could they falsely show evidence of his supposed death? Your breath started to quicken. "(Y/N), are you okay? Take a seat, please." You followed as she said and sat down.

"How can they do that?" You asked as your voice shook.

"They can do a lot of this under the nose of the law, I'm not sure how it works on your planet, but aliens go missing a lot, most people don't ask around at this point." You both continued to go back and forth on the topic before you heard a creak in the floor boards. You turned around suddenly before collapsing to the ground in shock.

"Oh my god," you shook," I never thought I'd see you again."