Birthday I Won't Forget

You decided just to skip learning how to use your bayard and everything for the day and just lounge around. You'd gotten everything off of your chest to Keith, and for once, felt at peace with the world.

You waltzed into the lounge room where Pidge, Hunk, and Lance sat, discussing something about how many hotdogs Hunk could eat.

"Hey guys," you smiled, everyone turned their direction towards you, teeth showing.

"Hey, we need your help with something," Pidge laughed. You could see Hunk pouting behind him.

"What is it," you chuckled as you walked to the couch.

"Hunk can't eat 23 hotdogs in two minutes right? That's basically impossible!" Lance exclaimed, it was funny watching him get so upset by simple conversation.

"It's not impossible, it's called, standards," Hunk scoffed. As you all continued on with the conversation, Shiro walked into the room.

"Hey, have any of you seen Keith?" Shiro interrupted.

"Nope, why?" Pidge questioned over Lance and Hunk, who continued to bicker, which earned them both a smack on the head from both you and Pidge.

"No reason, I just wanted to wish him a happy birthday is all," he beamed.

"Wait, he didn't tell any of us it was his birthday?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"I guess he doesn't like telling people, I wouldn't blame him, I'm the same way," he shrugged. With that, he left the room.

"Hey, I'm going to go look for Keith, be right back," you told the others as you stood up.

You walked around the castle, calling his name, but there was no answer. Suddenly, you paused, why didn't you think of it before, his bedroom. You walked to his room and knocked on his door.

"Come in," you heard him quietly call. You entered to see him laying on his bed, facing the ceiling.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" You asked as you leaned against the door frame.

"It's not important," he sighed.

"Of course it is, now your like, dead in dog years," you smiled.

"Shut up, he laughed as he threw his pillow at you.

"But seriously, why wouldn't your birthday be important?" You sat on the edge of the bed as he began to sit up.

"I've never celebrated my birthday, ever since I was little, I was the outcast and had no friends to celebrate with, so I just decided, not to celebrate at all," he sighed. "That's why I don't tell anyone it's my birthday, because I wanted to keep on the tradition of just pretending like it doesn't exist."

"But, if you told me, I can keep good secrets, I could've gotten you something."

"We're in the middle of space, what could you have possibly gotten," he stated. He did make a very valid point.

"Okay, okay, good point, but I could've made you a cake, or found a super intergalactic easy bake oven," you nudged his shoulder.

"That would have been cool," he laughed sarcastically.

"Still, I wish I could have gotten you a present."

"If it makes you feel better, you're the best present I could have ever gotten," he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. Your face had never been consumed by so much blush.

"Wait, I think I have a present for you," you slyly remarked.

"Oh, what is-" before you could finish, you smacked him in the face with the pillow he'd thrown earlier. "Oh, you didn't!" For the rest of the night, you and Keith continued your pillow fight, laughing together as the Sun set, until you were curled up in his arms, in a crying, laughing mess on the floor.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Keith whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for the best birthday a man can ask for," and with that, he kissed your forehead, and you fell asleep in each other's arms.

(A/N: Just a small chapter for my angsty, emo son Keith's birthday :))))). Hope you enjoyed, and see you Sunday!)