Starboy

You and Keith stood awkwardly, as neither of you knew what to say.

"So...how's the weather?" Keith stuttered, rubbing his neck. You chuckled, staring out the window to see endless stars.

"It's pretty beautiful," you smiled as you crossed your arms. You could see him grinning from ear to ear out of your prephrial vision.

"I'm assuming you like the stars?" Coran questioned as he looked towards the two of you.

"I love them, I used to love sitting down and counting them when I was little. My brother and I would play a game, to see who could count the most stars in sixty seconds," you gawked as you continued to stare off into space.

"Why'd you stop?" Keith asked as he slowly came up behind you.

"Just, reasons," you forced yourself to smile, but turned to see that Keith wasn't buying it.

"You know, when I was ever scared or lonely, I would talk to the stars, I'd make believe they were the friends I wished I could make,"

"Oh, so you were like, "The Star Whisper," you chucked.

"I mean, I guess you could call me that," he laughed, his eyes shining a fluorescent shade of lavender.

"You can be my starboy," you shyly resumed, turning your head.

"Well if I'm your starboy," he paused and stepped closer to you, "Would you do me the honor of being my stargirl," he grinned.

"Is this a star proposal?" You chuckled.

"If you want it to be," he shared a toothy grin with you before resuming to get down on one knee, "(Y/N) (L/N), would you do me the honor of becoming my stargirl, as long as we both shall live?" He tried to sound as confident as possible, but he couldn't help but laugh in between his words.

"Oh, oh my gosh, yes!" You pretended to get choked up. You ran into his arms, like you'd seen in the movies you'd watched back home, but something felt weird when you hugged. You had the feeling of never wanting to let go, like his arms had become your new home, and you never wanted to leave. You nussled your head in his neck and laid there for what felt like an eternity. It was silent until you heard Allura.

"Paladins!" She barked, causing you both to jump, "This is no time for your silly shenanigans, even if it was quite amusing," she grinned. "We have tracked down the coordinates of the red lion" she remarked seriously.

"Okay, where is it?" Keith questioned.

"It's on a galra cruiser, meaning we're going to need all of you here to retrieve it," Coran answered.

"But, Shiro said that if you found the coordinates, for us to go out and get it, why can't we just go out and bring it back?" You pulled a strand of your (H/C) hair behind your ear as you talked.

"There are multiple flaws with that. There's the problems of the ship being too dangerous, not having proper gear to fight, and not having the lions to bring you," Coran continued to list reasons as to why you couldn't go out and get the lion, each reason making you realize how unsafe this mission really was. Before he could list anymore reasons, the doors to the room opened.

"We're back," Lance sluggishly responded, looking nauseated with every step towards you.

"You guys look like a mess," you smirked as you stepped up to the two men. You adjusted Lance's jacket while Hunk was trying to keep his balance beside you.

"Were you able to retrieve the yellow lion?" Keith asked as you crossed his arms next to Allura.

"Yes, surprisingly," Hunk scoffed. "I thought the planets were supposed to be peaceful?" He began to glare at Coran.

"I said, due to my calculations, there could have been something off with my algorithm," Coran shrugged. As they both started arguing, Pidge and Shiro entered the room.

"Shiro!" You gasped, as he stepped foot through the door. You jumped into his arms with relief. "I didn't know if you were going to come back or not," you laid your head on his chest, as he placed his palm on your back.

"I'll always come back for you, one way or another," he quietly reasurred you.

"What about me? I'm here too!" Pidge threw his arms out for a hug. You grinned as you joined his embrace. As you turned your head, you could see Hunk and Lance's jaws' hit the ground.

"Are we just chopped liver at this point?" Hunk argued. As you'd done before, you gave them both a reasurring hug.

"We can love and hug each other later, right now we have to explain to you what's going on right now," Allura interrupted. You all turned and lined up.

"We've discovered the location of the red lion, but the main problem is, it's in the center of a galra cruiser," Coran sighed.

"So, we're all going to have to come with a plan as to how to get it," you nodded.

"Exactly," Coran agreed.

"Well then, let's gear up, and get this lion back," Lance challenged. Everyone nodded and began to turn towards the door. You went to turn, but froze.

You felt like your airway was closing off, like you were being suffocated. You grabbed your chest and began breathing heavily. The world around you became dark, and silent. You soon felt someones hands snake around your waist. A faint, "hello," could be heard. You blinked before seeing Keith in front of you, his hands on your hips.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked concerningly.

"I'm fine, just, anxious," you panted.

"We'll take it one step at a time, everyone's here for each other, as a team, you'll be okay," he stroked your shoulder, giving you a reasurring smile. He let go of you and began walking towards the door. He stepped through, but as the door was about to close, you heard his tell you something.

"You will be okay. I won't let you get hurt," you saw him smile before the door shut.

You took those words with a grain of salt, how did he know, what the future would hold?

And with that, you continued through the door.