She Never Said Goodbye

"Did I really just do that?" You asked yourself. You'd just taken a cruiser out of the castle, along with the rest of your belongings. What made it even worse, was the fact that you'd done it while the rest of the team was training. They'd probably just assumed that you were running late, or that you were just being like every average girl and taking a million hours to get ready. Your brain was going a thousand miles a minute. The only thing on your mind was Keith.

What if he found out about Lance? What if he realized that he was way too good for you? This was finally his way of being able to rid you from his life, all your dangers and risks, were now gone, and at least a hundred miles away. You had one flaw with your plan though, where were you planning on going, and was it a permanent solution? You decided just to fly, and see where the galaxy would lead you.

Keith's POV

"Nice job training today guys," he smirked as he deactivated his bayard, placing it back into the strap along his suit.

"Paladins, wait a second," Coran interrupted the group before they were able to walk out of the room.

"Yeah Coran?" Pidge asked as Lance leaned against his small structure. He appeared to be counting under his breath, which confused everyone.

"Did you forget how to count to ten or something?" Hunk asked.

"There are only five of you here?" He asked as he turned towards the princess.

"Yeah? Am I missing something?"  Lance queried.

"Unless my old man brain is kicking in a few years too early, I thought there were six of you?" He asked as he began recounting the group.

"Wait, you're right?" Keith raised his brows, looking around the room. "Where is (Y/N)?"

"I told her we were coming to the training deck," Pidge explained.

"And what did she say?" He asked back in response.

"She told me that she would come, and to not wait up for her," Pidge shrugged off.

"He's right, I was right there when he knocked on her door," Lance defended.

"Then," Keith paused. "Where is she?" He was one who could hide their emotions very well. But, whatever it was, you were his soft spot, you were his reason for smiling every morning when he got up, and the reason he tried so hard when he trained everyday, so he could protect you if you were to ever come face-to-face with danger again.

"We'll find her, knowing her, she probably just fell asleep," Hunk nervously laughed. Everyone split up, calling your name as they ran throughout the castle. Keith decided to rush to your room first, seeing that you probably had just taken a nap. He gave a sturdy knock at the door, seeing as it was still closed.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), are you in there?" He continued to knock. As if he were in a horror film, the door creaked open. He peeked in to see that you weren't lying on your bed, so he decided to step in fully. Lance slid on the floor boards, coming from behind Keith.

"Is she in there?" He asked.

"Shut up," he stated, in a slightly worried tone.

"Excuse me?" He asked, slightly taken back.

"I said shut up!" Keith barked. He was the first to notice that your bed was unmade, your dressers were all cracked forward slightly, and the closet looked as though it was flung open. He began rummaging around the dressers, only able to find Allura's old clothes, it was same way in the closet.

"Keith, calm down, what is it?" Lance calmed.

"She's gone," he whimpered as he began slamming the drawers, Lance quickly came to his side.

"Hey, calm down, what do you mean that she's gone?" He asked as he stood between Keith and the dresser.

"Do you not know the common signs of running away from home?" He urged as he began searching through everything.

"Coran, Allura!" Lance yelled out of the door. Within a few seconds of his yell, they were right in front of the two men.

"What, what's wrong?" Allura asked as she began rubbing her temple.

"It's (Y/N), she's gone," he spoke. You could tell in the look of the Altean's eyes that they saw none of your belongs anywhere within the room.

"Coran, check the ships, see if the lion is gone, or if any of the cruisers aren't counted for," Allura demanded. Coran, along with a very scared Keith went into the room which held all of the transportation devices. And there it was, in plain sight, a missing cruiser.

"No.." Keith trailed off in thought.
He couldn't hold back the water that was gaining itself in his tearducts. "No!" Coran had to hold him from being a swinging, sobbing mess.

"Red, you will be okay, I promise," Coran whimpered as he held Keith from falling onto the floor. He began mumbling words beneath his breath.

"What did I do, why didn't she say goodbye?"

Coran looked up towards the lions, seeing as though something seemed off, until he looked at your lion. It's eyes were yellow.

It had activated itself.